Chapter 23

"Fishlegs,you and the twins head west,Snotlout,you go east, Astrid,north,and I'll go south. Dad, can you have at least two ships following the dragons? That way they can look on the ground of islands they pass,while the rider gets a birds-eye view." Hiccup said,after a search party was assembled. "Sure thing,son." Stoick said. "Alright! You heard him! Send several ships in each direction,following the dragons! Also,if you see any ships,stop them and ask if they have seen Eydis. Except Dagur! He's looking for her too."
Men and woman got on multiple ships and started out on different directions. "Let's go!" Hiccup yelled,climbing on Toothless and flying south. The rest of the gang flew off in their own directions.

*Meanwhile,on Raynor's ship*

"So,you're going to need a better weapon. For,ya know,self defense purposes." Raynor told Eydis. "What,my knife isn't good enough for you?" Eydis smirked. "Perhaps. But you need a better weapon. So," Raynor said,putting a ton of weapons on the table,including axes,swords,bows and arrows,crossbows,and a staff. "Pick one."
"Hmm... Difficult choice." Eydis said,glancing at Raynor. "I'll try out the axe first."
Raynor put up a target across the ship. "Go ahead." He said,walking back to Eydis. She threw the axe,hitting the targets bullseye. "Wow. You're pretty good with an axe. How about a sword?" Raynor said,handing Eydis a sword. Eydis smirked,then she ran towards the target with the sword,slashing at it,making a huge gash in the middle of it. She walked back to Raynor. "Alright. How about a bow and arrow?" He said,holding out the bow and arrow. Eydis took them,and shot a bullseye with it. "You seem to be good with every weapon. Now,try a crossbow."
Again,Eydis hit the bullseye. "And last but not least, the staff." Raynor said
Handing the staff to Eydis,who,turns out,isn't very good with it. "I'm clearly not very good with the staff,so I'll chose it." Eydis said. "Why chose the weapon you're worst at?" Raynor asked. "Because then,once I get good with the staff,I'll be good with every weapon." Eydis smirked. "Aah,good thinking,Eydis." Raynor said. Eydis smiled,
"Yeah,besides,staffs are fun."

*Back with the gang,who was still searching for Eydis*

~~~~~
"What if," Ruff said. "Dagur still has Eydis?"
"Heather wouldn't lie to us. Would she?" Tuff asked. "No,she wouldn't. Now,keep searching for Eydis." Fishlegs said,annoyed by the twins constant talking. "Wait,is that her,in the water?" Tuff asked. "What? Where? I don't see her." Fishlegs said,looking in the water below. "It's just a log,mutton-head." Ruff told her brother. "Aug." Fishlegs sighed.
~~~~~
"Where could she be? Where would she go? HookFang,d'you have any idea where she would go?" Snotlout asked his dragon,who just growled. "We'll never find her this high. Take us lower,HookFang."
~~~~~
"Okay,StormFly. See any trace of her?" Astrid asked. StormFly looked around the water. "Aug,Nothing. C'mon,let's check just a little further."
~~~~~
"Alright Bud. Where would Eydis go? She might be at her cave,but why would she be there,after she saw the guy there?" Hiccup asked Toothless. "Let's check the cave,just in case. Let's go Bud." Hiccup flew down on the island with Eydis' cave. "Nothing." Hiccup said,after looking in the cave. "Let's check around this island,Bud."
~~~~~

*Back with Eydis and Raynor,on Raynor's ship*

"It's only been a day and look how good you are with it already!" Raynor said,clearly surprised,waching Eydis,who was now fighting some crew. It was getting dark,but Eydis could still see them. "I learn quickly." Eydis said,smiling. "It's a good thing,too." Raynor said. Eydis blushed. "I suppose I get it from my mother,though I never met her." She said,after she had taken down the crew. "So,let me get this straight. You lived alone in a cave your while life,until about the age of thirteen,that's when you met Dagur,who left for three years,then recently found you again,and then you meet some people who turn out to be your twin brother,and Father,though you never met your mother in all this?" Raynor asked. "Hiccup said she was carried off by a dragon when we were babies." Eydis looked down. "I wish I could have met her,though." Raynor went and was about to put an arm around Eydis,but decided against it. "Don't worry Eydis. It'll be okay." He said quietly. "Maybe someday, I'll feel like I belong somewhere." Eydis sighed. Raynor looked at Eydis.
"Eydis,you belong here now."