Chapter 20

"I don't understand. Why would someone want something in that cave? And you said there wasn't anything interesting in it,so that begs the question, were they really looking for a person or dragon?" Fishlegs asked. Eydis sighed. "They did say 'they'. Do you think they are looking for me and StarSong?" Eydis asked,with big eyes. "I don't know. Maybe." Fishlegs answered. "Don't worry,Eydis. If someone is looking for you,than you'll be safe here at Berk." Hiccup said. "But I told Dagur I would be back before tomorrow morning,or he said he was gonna come get me at the cave." Eydis sighed. "You don't have to go back." Fishlegs said. "But I do." Eydis answered. "I'm still part of Dagur's team." Eydis looked down. "Yeah I guess you're right." Fishlegs said.
"Eydis,you'll be fine. If the guy is after you,and he finds out you're with Dagur,then Dagur will protect you,won't he?" Hiccup asked. Eydis sighed. "I sure hope so."

*Later that day*

"So,Eydis is leaving soon,right?" Astrid asked Hiccup,as they walked to the great hall. "Not until tonight." Hiccup replied. "Why don't you like her,Astrid?"
"I don't know. There's just something off about her. It's not right." Astrid said,shrugging,and watching the ground before her as they walked. "Astrid,she's fine. There isn't anything wrong about her." Hiccup said. Astrid rolled her eyes,as they walked into the great hall.

*Meanwhile,in the great hall*

"I don't know. There's just this weird feeling inside me when I see her." Tuff told Ruff,Snotlout and Fishlegs. "Ooh,looks like someone likes Eydis." Fishlegs said. "Wait what?!? Is that what this feeling is?" Tuff asked,putting his hands on his stomach. "Yes,mutton-head. Don't you know anything?" Snotlout said,crossing his arms. "You gotta admit though,she is pretty."
"Tuff,snap out of it! You don't like her. She's not good enough for you. There's something wrong about her." Ruff said to her brother. "No. It seems as though everything is perfect about her." Tuff replied. "Yep,it's true. Tuff likes Eydis." Fishlegs laughed.
"Astrid,she's fine. There isn't anything wrong about her." Hiccup said,walking with Astrid into the great hall where everyone else was. "There isn't anything wrong about who?" Fishlegs asked Hiccup.
"Eydis." Hiccup answered. "See! Even Hiccup agrees with me!" Tuff said. "Wait,I agree with Tuff about what?" Hiccup asked. "That there isn't anything wrong about Eydis." Ruff said. "Tuff likes Eydis." Snotlout told Hiccup. "Wait,you actually like her?" Astrid asked. "Well,I suppose." Tuff answered. "Aug." Astrid rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "C'mon guys,she's my sister. Be nice." Hiccup said,eyeing Astrid. "Yeah guys. You wouldn't treat Hiccup like you treat her,would you? Also keep in mind she is Stoick the Vast's daughter." Fishlegs said. "Oh right. I forgot she was Stoick's daughter." Ruff said.
"That makes her even more perfect!" Tuff exclaimed.
"Aug." Astrid rolled her eyes again. "Astrid,are you jealous?" Fishlegs asked. "Jealousy is not a good look on you,Astrid." Snotlout laughed. "What?! I'm not jealous. She's just annoying,and everyone seems to be focused on her." Astrid replied.
"Sorry I'm late,guys!" Eydis said,running into the great hall,joining the others. "Great." Astrid said. Eydis ignored her. "I was on a ride with StarSong." She said. "It's alright. Just as long as you're here." Fishlegs said,who noticed Tuff watching Eydis. "Tuff." He said. "Yea-huh." Tuff answered,not paying attention. "Tuff." Fishlegs said again. Eydis noticed Tuff watching her. She blushed. "Uh... Oh what is it,Fishlegs?" Tuff asked,looking at Fishlegs,who just laughed,as well as Ruff and Snotlout. "Tuff and Eydis sittin' in a tree." Snotlout whispered to Tuff. "Why are we sitting in a tree?" Tuff whispered back. "K-i-s-s-i-n-g." Snotlout continued,still whispering. "Wait,what does that spell? K," Tuff started spelling out the word in the air with his finger. "I,S,S,I,N,G-Oh! Oh no! Oh thor no!" Tuff said,as Snotlout laughed. "What are you mutton-heads laughing at?" Astrid asked. "Nothing!" Tuff said quickly. "Tuff and Eydis sittin' in a tree." Snotlout said. Eydis blushed. Astrid laughed, "Tuff and Eydis,now that's a match made in valhalla!"
Eydis looked at the ground,still blushing. "Alright,that's enough." Hiccup said,looking at Astrid. "What? Its funny! Can you imagine? Tuff and Eydis." She laughed again. "Oh C'mon guys. Stop." Eydis whispered. Everyone,except Hiccup,kept laughing,and Eydis managed to slip away unnoticed by everyone but Hiccup,who followed her. She sighed,once outside. "Well,there can't be anything more embarrassing than that." She said to herself.
"Eydis?"
Eydis turned around and saw Hiccup walking towards her. "Oh,hey Hiccup." She said,looking at the ground. "You don't have to stay any longer if you don't want to,ya know." Hiccup said. "Are you saying you want me to leave now?" Eydis asked,looking up at Hiccup,who answered, "What? No,no not at all! I actually was hoping you would stay longer than a day,but since the gang is making you feel uncomfortable here I was just sayin-"
"Hiccup,I wish I could stay longer than today,too,but you know I can't. There's no telling what Dagur might do if he finds I'm not at the cave or back at his ships before tomorrow morning." Eydis sighed. "You're right. I'll see what I can do about the gang." Hiccup said,pointing his thumb over his shoulder at the great hall. Eydis smiled, "Thanks,but remember,Hiccup,if someone dislikes another person,it's difficult to change their mind."

*Late that night*

"Uh,Hiccup? I better be leaving now." Eydis said to Hiccup,who was now in the great hall with the gang. "Oh,okay." Hiccup answered. "I'll see you guys later!" Eydis said,as she and Hiccup walked out of the great hall. "Bye,Eydis!" Fishlegs said. As soon as Hiccup and Eydis stepped out of the great hall,they heard everyone burst into laughter. "Tuff and Eydis, sittin' in a tree!" Snotlout said.
"You can ignore them,Eydis." Hiccup said,when he noticed Eydis blushing. "I'm trying. Just... Their voices won't leave my head. Does Tuff like me or something? Is that why they're saying that stuff?" Eydis asked. "Yeah." Hiccup sighed. "Oh." Eydis replied,looking down. "I guess I should be going. Dagur's probably wondering where I am,so..."
"Yeah. I'll see you later." Hiccup smiled,his emerald green eyes shining in the moonlight. Eydis hugged him. "I'll see you hopefully in a few days." She said. "Alright." Hiccup said,hugging her back.
"Bye." Eydis smiled,climbing on StarSong. Hiccup nodded,as StarSong took off. He walked back inside to join the others,who were still laughing.