Chapter 42

"Hey Hiccup!" Fishlegs said,as he,Snotlout,and Sloan walked up to Hiccup. "Hey Fishlegs. Who's this?" Hiccup asked,looking at Sloan. "This is Sloan. Snotlout and I found her in the woods." Fishlegs explained. "Oh,well,it's nice to meet you,Sloan. I'm Hiccup." Hiccup smiled. "Yeah,nice to meet you." Sloan said,looking away. "Hey,you should meet the rest of the gang." Hiccup said. "Alright " Sloan muttered. "C'mon,right this way. We'll start with Astrid." Hiccup said,as they walked through the village. "Astrid is usually patrolling the island. Let's see if we can catch her,Bud. C'mon Toothless!" Hiccup said,climbing on Toothless. Toothless took off,leaving Fishlegs,Snotlout,and Sloan on the ground.
A few minutes later,Hiccup and Toothless arrived back,with Astrid and StormFly. "Hey Astrid.
" Snotlout said. "Aug." Astrid said,disgusted. "Astrid,this is Sloan. Sloan,this is Astrid." Hiccup said,smiling. "Yeah,Hey." Sloan said. "It's nice...to meet you..." Astrid said slowly. "Now you have to meet the twins,Ruffnut and Tuffnut. They are usually doing some prank somewhere. Let's go find them." Hiccup said,leading the gang around Berk.
"Wooaah!"
The gang turned around to see Snotlout hanging by his foot.
"Loki'd!!" The twins jumped out from behind a bush. "Ha ha very funny. Now get me down from here!" Snotlout said. Sloan hid a smile. "Sloan,this is Ruff and Tuff." Fishlegs said,as the twins walked over to Sloan,leaving Snotlout dangling from a tree branch. "Who are you?" Ruff asked. "I'm Sloan." Sloan said. "Sloan? Cool name!" Tuffnut said. "I'm Tuffnut. But everybody calls me Tuff. Either that,or mutton head,dim wit,moron-"
"Yeah,okay,I get it." Sloan interrupted. "I'm Ruffnut." Ruff said,as her brother shoved her. "Hey! What was that for,Idiot?" Ruff said to Tuff. "There was a bug on you." Tuff said.
"Anyway,you should probably meet the chief,my dad,Stoick." Hiccup said,walking in the direction of the great hall. "Yeah,that'll be great." Sloan muttered.
Hiccup lead Sloan to the great hall,while Astrid, and the rest of the gang stayed behind.

"There's something...off about her." Astrid said. Snotlout laughed. "You said that about Eydis." He said,crossing his arms.  "Yeah,but did you see how Sloan was acting?" Astrid asked. "Well,yeah,but-" Snotlout stuttered,putting his arms down by his sides. "Yeah,Astrid's right. She was acting kinda...rude." Fishlegs interrupted Snotlout. "Yes,but I act rude and you don't do anything about it." Snotlout said. "He's got a point." Astrid said,crossing her arms. "Thank you." Snotlout said. "Oh c'mon,guys. We have to give her a chance." Fishlegs said. "I just know there's some good in her."

"You say that about everyone. I'm not even exaggerating." Snotlout said. "Hey,it's not my fault I'm an optimist." Fishlegs said. "Uh,yeah. It actually is." Snotlout said. "Anyway." Fishlegs said,glaring at Snotlout. "I still think we should give Sloan a chance." Astrid uncrossed her arms. "Fine. But if she tries anything,and I mean anything... StormFly will spine her to the wall." She said. "Yeah. And HookFang will catch her on fire." Snotlout said. Fishlegs gasped, "No! Nobody will be catching anyone on fire!" He said. "Aw c'mon! It'll be fun! You know you want to." Snotlout smirked. "No! No,I don't want to!" Fishlegs said. "You're boring. You know that." Snotlout said. Fishlegs sighed. "Hiccup tends to see the best in people,but what if she tries to do something,and Hiccup ignores it?" Astrid asked. "If something bad does happen,Astrid,Hiccup wouldn't ignore it." Fishlegs said. Astrid sighed, "Yeah... You're right,for once."

*Meanwhile,with Hiccup and Sloan*

"So,Sloan,where are you from?" Hiccup asked Sloan,as they were walking to the great hall. "I live... Used to live... On an island called Stiker." Sloan said,looking at the ground. "Stiker?" Hiccup asked,looking at Sloan. "Yeah,but,they treated me so badly,the people in the village did... So,I ran away." Sloan sighed, "I don't know why I'm telling you this,you don't care."

"No,no. Please tell me." Hiccup insisted. "Well,the chief, Reinn Stegern,thought it would be a good idea to let his idiotic son take over as chief." Sloan said. "Arvid Stegern." Hiccup muttered. "Yeah,him. How do you know him?" Sloan asked. "My sister..." Hiccup said slowly. "You have a sister?" Sloan asked. "Oh yeah. Her name is Eydis." Hiccup said. "Do you want to meet her?" Sloan rolled her eyes,but Hiccup didn't see. "Yeah. Sure." She said. "Well,she might be with my dad in the great hall. She was there earlier." Hiccup said,leading Sloan up the steps to the great hall.

Walking in the great hall,Hiccup spotted Stoick sitting at a table,talking to Eydis. "Looks like we're in luck! They're both here!" Hiccup smiled,as he walked over to the table. 

"Hello Hiccup!" Stoick said,when he spotted Hiccup  and Sloan. "Hey Hiccup." Eydis said,looking at the table. "Dad,Eydis,this is Sloan." Hiccup smiled. Stoick smiled, "Well,hello there Sloan. I am-"

"Stoick the Vast. Yeah,I know." Sloan said. Hiccup looked at Sloan,who was looking at the ground,then at Stoick,who had a somewhat shocked look on his face. "That's right." Stoick said. Eydis sighed. "Eydis,are you alright?" Hiccup asked,sitting next to her at the table. "Eh..." Eydis said. "Not very nice,are you?" Sloan asked,looking at Eydis. Eydis glanced at Sloan,but then looked back at the table. "No,she is. She's just going through a rough spot right now." Stoick said,as Hiccup put his arm around Eydis. "Yeah. Sure." Sloan said,as she walked out of the great hall. "Hiccup." Stoick said,as Eydis laid her head on the table. "Yeah?" Hiccup said. "Did she seem familiar to you?" Stoick asked. "Now that you mention... She did seem a little familiar..." Hiccup muttered. "Keep an eye on her,okay son?" Stoick said. "Okay. I will." Hiccup said,standing up and following Sloan. 

Eydis sighed, "I was a little rude,wasn't I...?" She asked,her head still on the table. Stoick laughed, "Maybe a little bit."