Chapter 44

"Hey dad! I'm home!" Snotlout yelled when he got home. "Hello,Snotlout." Spitelout,Snotlout's dad,said. "Well would you look at that! Snotlout has finally got a girl!" He said,when he saw Sloan. Sloan hid a smile,and Snotlout blushed. "This is Sloan. She's staying with us for a little while." Snotlout said. "Oh,that's quite alright. Where is she going to sleep?" Spitelout asked. "I uh,I haven't gotten that far yet..." Snotlout admitted. "Well,she could sleep in your bed." Spitelout said. "In... MY bed?" Snotlout asked. He glanced at Sloan,who had an annoyed look on her face,and her hand on her hip. Snotlout sighed. "Alright. You can sleep in my bed,Sloan." He said. "That's my boy." Spitelout said,as he went back to sharpening his axe. "Are you sure? You don't seem too happy about it." Sloan said,crosssing her arms. "Yup. I'm sure." Snotlout said, "I'll sleep on the floor." Sloan smirked, "Alright."

*With Hiccup and the gang*

"I still can't believe Sloan agreed to stay at Snotlout's house." Astrid said. "I know right." Fishlegs said. "Well,where else would she have stayed?" Tuff asked. "She could have stayed with us. Heh heh." Ruff laughed. Hiccup looked at the twins with a confused face.
"Anyway,I'm gonna go check on Eydis." Hiccup said. "I'll come with you." Astrid said. "Alright." Hiccup said. "Wait,you can't leave me with these two!" Fishlegs said. "Fishlegs,you'll be fine." Hiccup said. Fishlegs sighed as Hiccup and Astrid headed to the great hall.
When they arrived at the great hall,they saw Stoick talking to Spitelout,but Eydis was no where to be seen.
"Hey dad!" Hiccup said,walking up to Stoick and Spitelout.
"Hello Hiccup. Hello Astrid." Stoick smiled. Astrid nodded and smiled. "Uh,where's Eydis?" Hiccup asked. "She went for a walk in the woods." Stoick said. "Alright. Thanks dad!" Hiccup yelled as he and Astrid ran out.
"The woods? Why would she go to the woods?" Astrid asked. "I don't know,but we'll find out when we find her." Hiccup said.

*Meanwhile,with Eydis in the woods*

Eydis sighed. "Where have I seen her before?" She asked herself. "She seemed... familiar." Eydis sat on a log and sighed.

"Well well well. If it isn't Eydis Ayston Haddock."

Eydis stood up and whipped around. "Sloan." She gasped. Sloan smirked. "What do you want?" Eydis asked. "Only something I've wanted for many years." Sloan said,walking towards Eydis.

*With Hiccup and Astrid walking through the woods*

"She's got to be here somewhere." Hiccup said,looking around for any sign of Eydis. "Eydis!! Where are you??" Astrid called out. "No where. She doesn't know her way around the woods yet. She'll get lost." Hiccup sighed. "Don't worry,Hiccup. We'll find her." Astrid said. Hiccup looked around again, "Eydis!!"

*With Eydis and Sloan*

Sloan laughed as she left Eydis,hurt and now weak,lying on the ground.
"Eydis!!"
"H-hiccup!" Eydis' weak voice called out.
"Eydis!" Hiccup said,rushing up to Eydis. "Eydis,what happened??" Astrid asked. Eydis coughed. "Sloan." She muttered. "I knew it! I knew she couldn't be trusted!" Astrid said. "Eydis,did she tell you anything?" Hiccup asked. "Hiccup,maybe we should get her to Gothi." Astrid said. Hiccup sighed. "Alright,let's go." He said,picking up Eydis and helping her walk.

~~~~The Next Morning,at Gothi's Hut~~~~

Eydis laid in a bed in Gothi's hut,Hiccup,the gang,and Stoick surrounding Eydis. "She'll be okay,right,Gothi?" Hiccup asked. Gothi scribbled something in the sand on her floor. "She said 'She'll be fine'." Fishlegs said. "Whew." Hiccup sighed. "When will she wake up?" Astrid asked. Gothi wiped away what was written in the sand,then started writing. "She said 'She's not sure. It could be anytime from an hour,to a week'." Fishlegs said. "Hopefully she'll wake up soon." Snotlout said. "Do you think she really will sleep for a week?" Tuff asked. "Maybe she will sleep for two weeks!" Ruff said. "It's a possibility." Fishlegs said. "Guys,please." Hiccup said.
"You guys are so loud." Eydis muttered.
"Eydis!" Hiccup smiled. Eydis smiled,as she saw everyone around her. "Eydis,are you feeling alright?" Stoick asked. Eydis tried to sit up,but cringed. "Yeah. I'm fine." She said,laying back down. "As long as I don't sit up." Eydis smiled. "You'll be alright,though,Eydis." Hiccup said. "I know... I just hope it's soon." Eydis said. She laid her head back down. "Let's go. She needs her rest." Hiccup said. "Wait,Hiccup." Eydis said.
"Yeah?"
"Sloan also said something..."
"What did she say?" Hiccup asked.
Eydis sighed, "Sloan is Arvid's sister."