Home Sweet Home?

~Anna's POV~

I unlock the door to our old, rundown house. As soon as I step in I see my mom at the counter with a bottle of beer and another man I don't know.

"Heyyyy Ann-Na-Na-Na!" She says in her very drunk voice.

"Hey who is this?" I point to the man with lots of tattoos and big muscles.

"This is Jack! We met at the club last night."

"Ok well I'll be in the backyard mom."

"Ok. We'll be here or in my room." I nod and go out back. I sigh. I miss my dad. I kick the soccer ball that was on the cement patio. I sit down on the bench and take out my math. I finish it in 25mins and go on to my science worksheet from the lab we did this morning. I finish the questions easily and take out my book. I read for an hour, finishing a few chapters. I take out my cannon camera. It is one of the few nice thing I own and I love it. I go to the broken swing set. I snap a few shots of some of the broken pieces.

I decide I can go inside, since it is getting late. 8:00 my phone says. I go in through the sliding door.

"Jack!!!" I hear my mom scream. Great. I fix myself some mac&cheese and a salad. I eat by myself like I do every night. Niall is so lucky. He has a real family and house. What do I have? A whore of a mom a dad who is gone and a broken rundown house. Every day accept Tuesday and Thursday, my mom works at a strip club. Yes, my mom is a striper. Then there is me working late shifts every Wednesdays, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. It barely makes end meet. But I'm able to see some family once in a while. But only for birthdays. We always go out for my birthday ever since my dad left. I see my cousins in there big houses and fancy cars and my family looks like big a joke. We used to have all that nice stuff, but my mom ruined it all. I hate her. But I'm by law suppose to live with her.

I put my dish in the sink and do the dishes. I go to my room in the basement. I go to my laptop and download the photos I took today. I look up any new artist on google. I'm always looking for some good music. Nothing. I turn on my mix I did last week. Ed Sheeran comes on with 'The City'. I go over to my collage of photos on the back wall. Ones of me and my friends and ones I have took from all our road trips. I also look at my posters on my wall. Of the concerts I went to this summer and the summers before. I smile at the Linkin Park one. They were my first concert. The concert my dad took me too. That's when my life was good. I remember hearing the base and singing there songs that I hardly knew. Now I know them by heart. I can still see myself on my dad's shoulders, so I could see them. Music was our thing. It is still the one thing I have that connects me to him. One thing we both love.

I love having the basement to myself. No one can tell me what is right or wrong. It's my own little get away. I go to my bed and pick up the cd's that are laying on it and put them on my cd rack. I have 7 cd racks all full of cd's. Some were my dads, others are mine. I think I have almost 100 cd's. My CD player holds up to 150. My dad gave it to me when I was 10 for my birthday. He got it from a radio station that got put out of business. I put a sticker on the new cd I got. 115.

I sigh. Landry day. I put some stuff in the wash and push the GO button. I go to my closet and pick out an outfit for tomorrow. I get a distressed Rolling Stones tee, high waisted black shorts and converse. I'll figure out the rest in the morning. I quickly take a shower and get in my pajamas. My computer is still playing my mix. I hear Bruno Mars voice sing. I click on to Tumblr and post my photo of the broken chain on the swing. I type, It my be broken, but it still has purpose. I log off Tumblr and stop my music. I turn off my light and climb into bed. Silence. Finally one night with out a banging bed or hearing some random mans name. I fall asleep, with only a small glow from my iPods docking station and a whisper of classical music playing from it.

--------------------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? YAY OR NAY? DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!x

~M.Randa~