26: Time Passes

Before you read this, I just wanna let y'all know this is the last chapter of this fanfic ❤️ I so glad so many of y'all have enjoyed this and continue to read. Idk if I'll make a part 2, just because I'm just in a block for what I would do tbh. But keep your eyes peeled. Thank you for all the comments and votes and please check out any of my other works. Now enjoy the last chapter!!
~M.Rande
Niall POV~
'Congrats Class of 2015!' The announcer says at our high school graduations. I look across the row of seats and see Anna. She is smiling from ear to ear. It's been a long few months. And I couldn't be more proud of this girl.

-FLASHBACK-
February 14
Today is Valentine's Day and in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of the holiday and neither is Anna. But I decided to surprise her anyway. She is out and she'll be back soon, so I've decorated up the basement and dressed up a bit for her. I run styling gel through my blond and teal hair and wait for her to come home. She has had therapy every week and I go as well but she has been freaked out of her mind. She still needs to talk to her mom, but she doesn't want to. I know she has gone through a lot of shit and I just wanna make her feel good and happy. I hear the door open I quickly dim the lights and stand waiting for her. She isn't paying attention as she starts walking down the stairs. "Niall can you-" she looks at the decorated room in awe. She looks at me and smiles.
"How do you always know exactly what I need."
"Because." I kiss her on her lips.
"I can read you like a book darling." She rolls her eyes at me.
"You say that every time babe."
"Don't mean it's not true."
"Yes."
"Something the matter?" She shrugs her shoulders. I sigh. I don't really know how to cheer her up anymore. She has just been pushing so much.
"Parents." She nods.
"The guys" shakes her head. The past two weeks she hasn't talked about 'the guys' witch are her ex and dad.
"I don't know Ni. She's just-she always drunk and I can never have a normal conversation."
"I know I'm so sorry."
"I remember, before she went crazy, she used to play princess with me. She was the queen, dad was the king, and I was the princess. I just-why did she do it?" She sobs into my arms. I just hug her, not knowing what to do or say. She hasn't really ever talked about her mom like that before. Like childhood and crap. But I know she is getting it out and it will all get better.
"Babe...I honestly don't know why. But I know that honestly she still cares for you." She continues to sob.
"I know. It just...none of it makes much sense. It never really has."
"I'm sorry darling. Is there anything I could do?" She shrugs her shoulders. I peck her on her lips and embrace her again. This poor girl. I honestly couldn't imagine going through what she has. She slowly starts to calm down and was able to breath again.
"Ya good luv?"
"Yah. I feel better now."
"Good. Do you need anything?"
"Well I don't think you decorated for nothing." I give her a smirk and grab her hands. She wraps them around my neck and we start making out. God it's been so long since we've just played around. We've been so busy with everything. But I'm just glad she is with me right now. In this moment. I can't ask for anything more than that.
- 2 months later -
Anna POV ~
It's been about a month since I've talked to my mom about how I feel and things are finally feeling how a normal life should be. She has been going to therapy and has given up drinking. At this point she is still striping but there hasn't been any weird men for the past month witch has been such a blessing. As for me everything is going well. I've gotten over a lot of what happened at New Years, I still have my days but Ni is always there to support me. I don't know what I'd do without him by my side. He has been so amazing through this all. And there is not enough times where I can say thank you. My grades are back up and over all I'm just happy.
I'm really excited to see my dad this weekend and for Niall to meet him. I know he is nervous about meeting my dad, but I keep on assuring him it will all be ok.
(Weekend)
"Ni. You almost ready?" I call to him from the bath.
"Yah love." I can hear him pacing back-and-forth in the bed room. I spray on some perfume and walk on out. Ni is still pacing.
"Ni" he continues to pace.
"Ni.."
"Ni." I walk up to him and shake him by his arm.
"Niall."
"What! What darling?" I look him dead in the eyes, I can see the look of fright in thoughts baby blue spheres.
"Your nervous babe." He sighs.
"I know. I don't know why I am though." I hold his hand.
"I know. But I love you and I know who you are Ni. And I know my father will love you." He sighs.
"Yah..." I kiss him softly on the cheek. He brings his face toward mine and pecks me softly. I know everything will be alright.
....
Some time has passed since then. Now our family's are sitting and watching us graduate. As they start calling the names and the students go up one by one, I see the stage as a crossing point. A point where after the first 18 years of learning and discovering new things, there will still be challenges, but you don't have to walk alone. As the last person crosses the stage we move are tassels. And we are announced as graduated seniors. I look across the row at Ni and we look at each other, grinning with the joy of completing something so great. I don't know what the future my hold for us. But I know one day I'll tell people about how I fell for the bad boy, and how he changed my life. ❤️