Chapter 1

Chapter One:

Selena’s POV:

“Selly mommy said wake up.” I heard my six-year-old little sister, Gracie say.

I didn’t say anything but pull the covers further over my head, hoping she would get the hint to leave me alone.

“Selly, mommy said get up now before you’re late for school!” Gracie said a little louder this time and began shaking me back and forth.

That couldn’t be right. My phone’s alarm hasn’t even gone off yet. “Gracie it’s too early, my alarm hasn’t even went off yet.” I groaned.

“Mommy said you have to take me to school.” She said. “SO GET UP!” She yelled jumping on me quickly, then jumping right off.

“Fine I’m up!” I exclaimed throwing the covers off my head. I ran my fingers through my hair trying to straight out the birds nest that lied atop, and pulled the covers off my body swinging my feet over the bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked over to my little sister who was staring at me. “What?” I said a little annoyed.

“You look funny when you wake up Selly.” She giggled.

“Oh really now?” I said raising a brow.

“Yes.” She giggled again.

“You know, Gracie, mean little girls get a visit from a certain monster.” I said.

“Who?” She asked.

“The tickle monster!” I yelled.

Gracie began screaming and took off and I chased after her running down the stairs and before we entered the kitchen, I finally caught her and picked her up and began tickling her.

“Selly stop! It hurts!” She said in between laughs.

“Nope, I don’t think I shall.” I smiled, while I continued tickling her. Gracie kept laughing. “Say, Selly is the best sister in the whole wide world.” I said.

“Selly is the best sister in the whole wide world!” Gracie managed to giggle out.

I finally stopped tickling her and put her down. We walked into the kitchen seeing my mom at the table drinking a cup of coffee and two plates set out on kitchen counter. I picked up Gracie and set her on the stool that was placed at the counter and I got on top of my stool and began eating my blueberry pancakes.

“Glad you two could finally join me for breakfast.” My mama chuckled.

“Good morning mama.” I smiled. “Where’s dad?” I asked.

“He had an early call this morning.” My mama said taking a sip from her coffee. “And sweetie that reminds me, can you drop off Gracie at school this morning?” She said taking a look at her watch. “I have to get going, or else I’m gonna be late.”

“Sure mama.” I said.

My mama smiled and kissed the top of Gracie’s head and then mine. “Thanks Selena.” She said.

“No problem.” I said.

My mom smiled once again and walked out the house.

“Okay Gracie, you stay down here, since you’re already dressed for school, I need to get ready.” I said getting off the stool, grabbing mine and Gracie’s empty plates and setting them in the sink.

“Okay Selly. I’ll go watch Scooby-Doo.” She said. I helped her off the stool and she walked into the living room.

I ran up the stairs to my room. I checked my phone seeing it was 6:45 am. I walked into my in suite bathroom and hopped in the shower. I quickly washed my hair and body then got out brushing my teeth, and washing my face. I walked back into my bedroom and walked inside my huge walk in closet pulling out some dark washed skinny jeans, pairing it with a simple grey shirt that hung off my shoulder along with some white converse. I decided to let my hair fall to its natural wave, and added some light make up on my face.