Chapter 9

Chapter Nine:

Selena’s POV:

It’s been 4 days since I saw Aimee at the park with the hoodie dude. And I haven’t told Justin. I’m freaking out! I haven’t told anyone. Not even Demi and it’s killing me!

“Hey Sel!” Justin said from behind me. I jumped a little. I swear I hate when people startle me.

“You know I hate it when you do that!” I exclaimed hitting his shoulder—not to hard though.

“I’m sorry. I just think it’s funny when you jump.” Justin laughed.

“No.” I said smiling. It was really hard to look at Justin and not tell him about what I saw at the park that day.

“Hey Sel, are you okay?” Justin asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine—why wouldn’t I be fine? Everything’s good, never better.” I said in a rush.

“Something is up. You only talk like that when you’re hiding something.” Justin said placing his hands on his chin like he was thinking.

“Everything is fine Justin.” I said. “Oh look there’s Colton!” I said waving to Colton.

Colton came over to me kissing me then gave Justin a fist bump.

Yeah, Colton is actually being nice to Justin. Colton said something about being ‘civil’ and since he’s a ‘changed man’.

“What’s going on over here?” Colton said.

“Nothing!” I said quickly.

“Selena over here has a secret and she won’t talk.” Justin smirked.

“Oh really now?” Colton said raising a brow.

The bell rung interrupting our conversation—literally saved by the bell.

“Well I better get to class before I’m late!” I said quickly running off to second period. I walked into my second period class and luckily I had Demi in this class. And only Demi. Well Tori was in this class too, but she sat on the opposite side of the class.

I quickly took my seat next to Demi and she raised and eye brow at me. The sub walked in because our regular teacher—Mrs. Rogers was having a baby, and I know she left a lot of work for us.

“Good morning class, I’m you’re sub for today, and since its Monday I’m gonna be nice so just talk among yourselves.” The sub said. Great. Now Demi is going to make me speak up.

“What is up with you?” Demi said turning in her desk to face me.

“Nothing—I’m fine.” I lied keeping my head down.

“Yeah sure. Now Selena Marie, you better tell me what’s wrong.” Demi said in a serious tone.

“FINE!” I said throwing my arms in the air dramatically. “I took a run Thursday after I got off the phone with you and I ran to the park and I saw—I saw-“

“YOU SAW WHAT SELENA? SPIT IT OUT!” Demi whispered yelled.

“Aimee and some dude kissing.” I blurted out, like ripping the bandage off.

“WHAT!” Demi said a little loud catching the class rooms attention. I smiled nervously and told everyone that it was nothing and they all ignored us and turned their attention back to what they were doing before.

“Yeah, Aimee was kissing some guy in a black hoodie that I didn’t recognize and he called her babe, and they said something about a plan but I couldn’t hear them because Justin texted me and I was focused on the text.” I said.