Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen:

Justin’s POV:

It’s finally Halloween and Selena and I were in my kitchen with my mom.

“Are the kids excited for tonight?” My mom asked.

“Very excited.” Selena laughed.

“I don’t think I can handle two hyper six year olds.” I groaned.

“Don’t worry babe you’re not alone.” Selena said patting my chest.

“WE CAN’T WAIT TO GO TRICK-OR-TREATING!” Both Gracie and Jazzy yelled coming down the stairs into the kitchen.

“Well I’m glad you two are happy.” My mom beamed. “Hey Justin, can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure mom.” I nodded. I followed my mom out the kitchen into the living room.

“So I know Gracie is spending the night with Jazzy, and I’m guessing Selena is too?” My mom asked raising a brow.

“Yes.” I said. I had a feeling where this conversation was going.

“Okay, if you two decide, to you know—“

“Mom.” I groaned.

“Honey, I’m just saying. Use protection, and remember that Gracie and Jazzy are sleeping two doors down.” She said.

“Okay mom.” I said embarrassed. I really did not want to have this talk with my mom right now.

“And sweetie, I like Selena, so don’t let her go.” She smiled.

“I won’t mom.” I smiled. I’m actually glad my mom likes Selena. And I’m even glad Jazzy likes Selena. Knowing your family approves of your girlfriend is a good thing.

My mom and I walked back into the kitchen seeing Selena had made Jazzy and Gracie both a snack.

“So I will be leaving around 7p.m. and I won’t be back until around 7 a.m.” My mom said. “Oh how I love the late shifts.” She added sarcastically. “What time do ya’ll plan on taking them out trick-or-treating?”

“I was thinking around 6:30. We could leave the house then, go around a couple neighborhoods, and be back at the house by 9?” Selena said.

“That’s sounds good.” My mom said. “Well, it’s 5:45 so I’m going to go and start getting ready for work.” She said and then walked up the stairs.

“And how about we get ya’ll two in your costumes?” Selena said cheerily.

“YES!” Both girls squealed. They jumped down from their seats and ran up the stairs to Jazzy’s room.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was almost 6:15 and my mom was down stairs with me while Selena was helping the kids get ready.

“Introducing Princess Jazzy and Princess Gracie!” Selena said coming down the stairs. Jazzy and Gracie were behind her and they both started posing.

“Aw, don’t my babies look cute.” My mom smiled. Yeah my mom refers Gracie as her own daughter, and even Selena’s mom Mandy, refers Jazzy as her own daughter also.

“Thanks mommy.” Jazzy said.

“Okay kiddos, I’m off to work.” My mom said kissing each of our heads. She was almost out the door when she turned to us. “And you two behave yourselves. Set a good example.” She said.