Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve:

Justin’s POV:

 Selena and I walked into the school building and of course all eyes were on us. You would think people would now be used to the idea that Selena and I are friends, but they’re not. They still can’t believe me—the used to be part of the “infested” could hang out with the most popular girl in school.

“Jay, can you hold these please?” Selena asked handing me her books.

“Sure.” I replied. I took her history book and notebook from her hands while she put other things in her locker. “So when are you going to end things with Colton?” I asked.

“As soon as I see him.” She said.

“That may be sooner then you think.” I said. I pointed over Selena’s shoulder and we saw Colton walking our way. “Do you want me to leave when you do?”

“No.” She sighed. “I may need a witness.” Selena shut her locker and tuned to face me. Just then Colton came up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Hey baby.” He said. It disgusted me how he can treat Selena like crap, and act like he’s all innocent. Selena pushed his arms off her waist, and she turned to face him with a tear falling down her cheek.

“We’re done Colton.” She said wiping away her tear. “For good. I want you to stay away from me. I want you no where near me, you fucking disgust me.” She snapped. Selena grabbed her books out from my hand, and with her free hand, grabbed mine and we walked off to history class.

“Wow, you did that pretty well.” I said as we continued walking to class.

“Yeah, well, he’s a jerk. I can’t believe I actually believed he changed.” She said. I could tell she was on the verge of crying, so I stopped us from walking, and turned her around so she was facing me.

“Sel, listen to me. It’s not your fault. Colton just ruined it with the perfect girl.” I said tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

“Thanks Jay. You always know what to say.” She smiled which caused me to smile.

“Hey, that’s what I’m here for.” I said and kissed her forehead.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“FINALLY THE WEEKEND!” Selena yelled once we were out of the school building. I laughed at her excitement and we got inside the car. “So are we still going to Tori’s party tomorrow?” She asked once we both were in and buckled.

“Yeah I guess.” I shrugged. “Are you sure you wanna go? Since you know, Tori will be there, and I’m pretty sure Colton will be too.” I said.

“Yeah I’m sure.” She smiled. I smiled in return and started the car and backed out of the school’s parking lot. “I just need a costume.” Selena said after a moment of silence.

“What do you have in mind?”

“Maybe a hot nurse or hot maid.” She said. “What about you?”

“Ha, I’m not wearing anything.”

“You’re going to the party naked!” Selena gasped.

“No! I didn’t mean like that Sel. Gosh. I meant that I’m not wearing a costume. I’m just gonna wear normal clothes.” I said shaking my head back and forth. “What in the world do I look like going to a party butt naked?”

“Well, it’ll be a good sight.” Selena smirked.

“Are you saying you want to see me butt naked Gomez?” I teased.