Coffee Pt. 1 (Clint x Reader)

This was going to be a quick thing, but it got away from me.

Words: 1,621
Warnings: none?

-----------------------------------------

Y/N sat at the table watching her best friend, Haylie, pace their kitchen. It was the fifth time they were having this discussion, and it has become a habit where Y/N will be sipping wine while Haylie vents to her how stupid she was being.

"Well, I'm sorry if I don't find these guys attractive or remotely interesting," Y/N sighed, pouring herself a second glass of red wine.

"They work for SHIELD. How more interesting do you need them to be?" Haylie said, exasperated. One of her hands was on her hip and the other was on her head, gathering up half her hair.

"Well, that Rumlow was interesting, wasn't he?" Y/N grumbled.

Haylie kept pacing and turned to her friend, eyes narrowed. "Hey, that you can't hold against me. No one knew that Hydra was infesting SHIELD," her friend defended.

"Well, not everyone can land a guy like Captain Tightpants," Y/N giggled, earning another glare from her friend.

"Will you stop calling him that?" she rolled her eyes. "I almost called him that the other night when he walked in wearing that uniform."

Y/N laughed harder and kicked out the chair for her friend to sit down. Haylie took a seat and poured herself a glass of wine, leaning back in her chair.

"It's because you keep calling him that," she smiled, taking a sip of the red liquid, but stopped quickly.

"What?" Y/N asked with concern. Haylie smirked at her. "No. I don't need to be set up again." Haylie got up, phone out, dialing away. "Haylie! No! C'mon, leave Steve out of--"

Haylie clamped a hand over Y/N's mouth. "Hey sweetie," she began, "so Agent Dobson was a bust."

Pause.

Y/N couldn't hear what that spangled man was saying, but she didn't like the look Haylie had in her eyes.

"I know. That's what I told her. But I was thinking, maybe someone more from seven?"

Seven? Y/N thought. What the hell did that mean?

"Oh, that would be perfect," Haylie was almost jumping from the excitement. Whatever Steve suggested, it couldn't be good for Y/N. "Thanks sweetie. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." She ended the call and stuffed her phone into her jeans pocket, a smile plastered on her face.

Y/N looked at her friend warily, afraid of what she and her boyfriend had in store for her. "Haylie, think about the last five times," she drawled. "You really think number six is a good idea?" She was getting more and more concerned, watching her friend smiling at her.

Haylie gave her friend a conniving look, complete with a smirk. "Oh Y/N, you'll like this one," she baited her friend.

"Oh really. Do, pray tell, how is this one different," Y/N scoffed, downing her glass of wine. She grabbed the bottle, but noticed it was empty, she got up to get another bottle, thinking maybe if she was under the influence her friend will just leave it alone.

"Well, he's older than you," Haylie started, "so no young guys this time."

"Oh god, please say it's not Stark," Y/N groaned as she grabbed a wine bottle from the fridge.

"No," laughed Haylie, "You think Steve would put you through that?"

Y/N shrugged. "Hey, you guys have been oh for five. It wouldn't surprise me." She uncorked the bottle and walked back to the table.