Coffee Pt. 2 (Clint x Reader)

Words: 1,792
Warnings: Elevator *winks at Yavanna80*

--------------------------------------------

"Y/N, are you sure you don't want to go to the party?" Haylie asked her friend as she put on her earrings.

It has been two weeks since the horrible crash and burn date with Clint, and Y/N had tried everything to not associate herself with anyone from SHIELD or the Avengers. It made it hard when Haylie would bring Steve over. The first two days were full of questions on what happened and why she would have walked out when nothing really did happen. Y/N didn't even know why she walked out of the coffee shop. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, and Y/N messed up.

"Y/N?" Haylie said, waving her hand in front of her friends face.

Y/N snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her friend. "Sorry, was thinking," she murmured, going back to the book in her hands.

"I asked if you were sure you didn't want to go to the party," Haylie repeated herself, eyeing her friend cautiously.

"I think so," Y/N responded. She wanted to go, to see Clint again and to apologize, but she couldn't will her body to.

"Well, if you change your mind, you know where it is," Haylie reassured her. "You know, he does want to see you again," she added zipping up her lavender dress.

"Why? So he can berate me? Tell me off?" sulked Y/N. She was quite content with her pity party of one.

Haylie let out an exasperated sigh. "Y/N Y/LN. For the thirtieth time, he doesn't feel that way," Haylie scolded her.

Y/N just shoved a cookie in her mouth and shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh god! That's it!" Haylie exclaimed. "Get in your room and get dressed. Time to put your big girl panties on."

Y/N shook her head. "N-no no. I'm not going," she said shakily. She watch Haylie text on her phone, most likely to Steve.

"Yes. I'm done with this pity party," Haylie said, dragging her friend into her room. She went to the closet and grabbed a strapless, eggplant colored peplum dress, a black cropped cardigan, and a pair of black lace ankle boots. She set the items on the bed, and turned to her friend. "Get dressed," she commanded.

"Haylie--"

"Now."

"Yes, mother." Y/N slumped and took off her sweatshirt and leggings, and picked up the dress. "Purple? Again?" She questioned, scrunching her nose.

"It's was in your closet," her friend retorted.

Y/N sighed in defeat and stepped into the dress. "You know, this is pointless," she mumbled, turning to have Haylie zip her up. It hugged her body well and stopped at mid-thigh. "Remind me to buy longer dresses."

"Not pointless. You're going to redeem yourself, and look hot in doing so," Haylie stated, zipping the dress up. "Now, come here. Let's get your makeup done. A high pony will suffice." She handed Y/N her hair brush and elastic.

"Seriously Haylie, I don't need to redeem myself," Y/N mumbled as she brushed her hair and gathered it into a pony. She turned to her friend for approval, which she nodded.

"Fine, you just need to go and fix this up," Hailey reasoned, handing Y/N mascara and lip gloss that looked to the shade of mulberry. "Steve said that Clint's beating himself up over what he did to make you run out."

Y/N stopped applying the mascara. "Really?" she asked with sadness. She didn't intend to hurt his feelings, she just didn't think she could recover from the awkwardness of the meet. She put the mascara down and picked up the gloss, staring at it. "He didn't do anything," she admitted out loud. She turned the gloss tube in her hands a few times before applying it.