Fucking Steve's Fucking HYDRA Pt 3 (Hydra!Steve x Reader)

Words: 1,713
Warnings: smut sprinklage, some feels

A/N: I lied again. There is going to be one more part. Sorry.

~~~

I nuzzled into Steve's chest, forgetting in that moment of the predicament that we were in. Even after knowing Steve has been a HYDRA agent from the get-go, it still felt right to be lying in his arms. And the sex proved that the feelings and attraction was mutually strong. As much as I hate to admit it, I loved Steve, enemy or not.

He gently played with my hair as his eyes fixated on the ceiling as my fingers drew imaginary patterns on his skin. Moments like this made the bad go away and it was like we were the only two in the world.

"I didn't want this for you," he whispered as his hand went to my shoulder, rubbing it lazily. He let out a heavy sigh and kissed my head.

I pushed up on my elbow to look at him. His eyes still were on the ceiling, but emotion on his face. I bit my lip, trying to will myself to say something...normal. But nothing came out, so I asked my n-teenth question since being there.

"Steve? Why did you bring me here? Why not leave me for the team to find?" I breathed, my chin resting on his chest.

"You would've been killed," he muttered and closed his eyes. "That was a HYDRA agent coming down the hall. If he saw you, he would have shot you."

"And you brought me here..."

"So they think you're dead."

We fell into a slightly awkward silence, curled up against each other until my stomach growled and I had the urge to go to the bathroom. Steve let out a genuine laugh and kissed my head again.

"I'll run and get some food," he said, sliding out of bed to get dressed. I admired his physique as he pulled up his jeans, his shoulders shrugged as he buttoned them. "There's a bathroom over there," he said pointing to the corner of the room and I nodded, pulling the sheets up to my chest as I sat up.

"Can you get me cheeseburger?" I asked, giving him a warm smile.

He buttoned the last button on his shirt and walked over to me, kissing my cheek. "Of course. Fries and a chocolate shake?"

"You know me so well," I responded as I swallowed the tightness in my throat. He walked to the door and exited, locking it behind him. I got out of the bed and walked to the bathroom, tears falling freely. It hurt too much. It was far too confusing, and I knew I was going to hurt more in the end.

Even though the man I loved was being a less creepier Annie Wilkes, but I couldn't stay. I had to find a way out, and if it meant kissing, touching, and having sex, no matter how much my brain screamed for me to push him away, I had to.

~~~

It had been a few weeks since Steve had taken me for, what he calls, my safety. He didn't lock the door anymore, he also stayed with me every night, which usually ended up with us a tangle of limbs and sheets, forgetting the issue at hand. It killed me in the morning when he left because it made reality a thing. I started this to get Steve to trust me so he didn't feel he had to treat me like a prisoner or like I was made of glass, but it hurt me to know I was playing him.

It was one of those mornings that I found myself exploring the premise. I still had no clue where we were, just somewhere in the US, but the man was smart. There was no radio or TV in the rooms. If music was played, it came from the speakers in the high ceilings. There was no way for me to make communication, and I didn't dare leave. Steve told me his home was being watched by HYDRA because I wasn't confirmed dead yet. Last thing I want is a bullet through my brain when I've been working to get away alive.