Fucking Steve's Fucking HYDRA Pt 4 (Hydra!Steve x Reader)

Words: 1,058
Warnings: dash of smut....maybe....

A/N: This is the lead up to three alternate endings. So you can pick which way you want this to go. First one is sad, Second one is sad, Third is fluffy....because this ending has giving me so much hell, I was crying a lot. LIKE A LOT! Hence why this came out so much later.

Click the little speaker....this song helped with the whole shebang

I want to thank Haylie_Marie_, Yavanna80, and ValBachman for being there for me to bounce like 1000+ ideas off of them. Thank you girls!

~~~

The last several weeks were emotional turmoil. Finding out that Steve was some deep cover Hydra agent that no one suspected for over 70 years, fooling everyone, even the girl he claimed to love, hurt like hell. He said he loved me. Touched me like he loved me.

Even after knowing he was my enemy, I still loved him and don't want to lose him. I figured this out after being compliant for two weeks. My love for him trumped my hatred of him being Hydra, but I couldn't stay. I knew I couldn't stay. It wasn't a healthy relationship anymore.

And Steve was a threat.

That trumped love, right?

The worst thing you could ever do, is to underestimate Hydra, think they have stepped back or went into hiding. They hide in plain sight; they earn our trust, our sympathy. They make you like them. And it's when you hesitate that they strike, reveal who they are and they don't care who they hurt. If you oppose them, you're eliminated.

"Y/N? What are you thinking about?" Steve said between the kisses he planted on my abdomen. My hand was carelessly running through his hair, my bottom lip captured in my teeth.

"I wish some things were different," I sighed, looking down at him. "It would make this...us...so much easier." Tears stung my eyes and my throat was closing tight as my eyes met his icy blues. It broke my heart that I will never see this face again.

Steve moved his way up to me, leaning on his elbow so he could push the hair away from my face. "It doesn't have to be this hard," he said softly, pressing a kiss to my jaw.

I let out a half hearted laugh. "Steve, it's hard. Extremely hard. It's harder than Tony trying not to hit on a woman," I smiled.

He chuckled. "Nice comparison, but think about it," he said seriously. "Join me...us...and we can have this all the time."

I rolled my eyes and pushed up on my elbows. "You know I can't. I couldn't live with myself going against everything I was raised to believe," I sighed. I cupped his cheek in my hand, my mind reeling over what I had discuss with Natasha, and the idea sparked me.

"Y/NN," he began, kissing my hand on his cheek, "You would be safe. We would be able to go anywhere in the world and start over. SHIELD has no chance standing against HYDRA now, and I don't want to see you hurt...or worse." I heard his voice quiver with emotion, his blue eyes were glassy, breaking my heart even further.

"Well," I bit my lip, "I guess I could try." Not like I am going to go through with it

"Really?" Steve asked hopefully, a smile spread across his face, like he was truly happy with what I said.

"Yeah," I smiled, kissing his lips softly.

One would have thought Steve was a 4-year-old on Christmas morning from the say he smiled and kissed me. I carded my fingers through his blond hair, pushing up into him, wanting to feel his body even more. I craved him, mostly because I knew this would be our last time together like this

Steve didn't know that the Avengers were listening in due to the listening device I got from Natasha and placed in his room.

~~~

I looked at the passing trees through the darkened shield of my helmet as I grabbed Steve's jacket. I always hated being on Steve's motorcycle, but the gripping was due more to nerves. We were making our way to some old cabin upstate to meet up with whoever Steve's handler was. And that made me uneasy.

I questioned why we had to meet in the middle of nowhere, but Steve brushed it aside, making no comment. It worried me, but I had some ease because not only did the team know where we were going, but Natasha also gave me a GPS tracker, which was in my boot. After weeks of earning Steve's trust and the wonderful timing of Natasha's break in, he never searched or questioned anything. I believed he really thought he persuaded me to his side, that he could trust me.

He turned down a gravel road that seemed to be long forgotten with all the grass and bushes growing onto the road. About five minutes later we pulled up in front of a run-down log cabin: windows boarded up, leaves and dirt layered the front porch, and the roof has a few green sprouts coming from the tar and stone shingles. With a little tender loving care, it would look pretty.

"It's not much," Steve said after he shut off his motorcycle.

Removing my helmet, I got off the bike of death looking at the landscape around the cabin. It was nestled in the middle of a heavily dense woods, which means it was easy for the team, and Hydra, to find cover. I was brought out of my thoughts by Steve's hand in mine and him dragging me to the cabin, a bit un-Steve like. But how would I know what Steve really was like?

"C'mon," he grunted as he walked up the rotted steps, his grip on my wrist tighten when I tried to pull my wrist from him. "No," he growled.

I was taken back by the change of his demeanor from the moment we got here. I looked around to see if there was anyone else there causing him to change, but no one was. Why is he being harsh? I racked my brain trying to figure out if he figured out what I've been up too or if something was off about the cabin.

"Ste--" I began, but was cut off by his hand clasped over my mouth.

"Shhh," he hushed me as he pulled his gun from his jacket. He mouthed stay down to me and I nodded. I moved over to the wall between the door and a window, crouching down. He turned the doorknob and pushed the door open, pointing the gun in first, then taking a look. He sighed in relief, offered me his hand which I took hesitantly. He pulled me up slowly, and gave me a...sad smile?