Fucking Steve's Fucking Hydra Ending 1 (Hydra!Steve x Reader)

Words: 1,848
Warnings: feels, feels, and more feels...especially the end

A/N: So this is the first of three different endings to FSFH.  I bawled like a baby to this. And the ending I just can't.

~~~

He pulled me into the cabin and slammed the door behind us. I stood in the middle of the open room, looking for any source of why Steve was on edge. I sighed not finding it. Steve walked up behind me, my body tensing, unsure how he was going to act.

To my dismay, it was not what I expected.

"You're tense, chéri," he whispered, his voice had an edge to it, reminding me of that night when he choked me out.

"You would be too, if someone had a gun to your kidney," I said thickly. I went to turn but he gripped my arm tightly, making me wince. "Steve, please."

"Looking at you will make this harder," he forcefully said, I could tell his jaw was clenched when he spoke, a habit of being with him for two years.

"Harder? What's are you talking about?" I asked in a hushed tone, my eyes widen a bit with fear, knowing full well what he was intending to do.

"If I don't kill you," he bit, "they'll kill both of us and I don't like my hand being forced."

"Steve," a force of calm in my voice, "let's talk about this. "

"They won't let you join," he rushed out. "If can't have you. Ever. Again." The gun's barrel dug into my skin further and I let out a small yelp. "They won't let me have you."

"Steve," I choked out, partially out of fear and I hoped the team was almost to our location. "Please, it doesn't have to be like this. We can just run away, somewhere they can't find us." I heard him step back, the gun leaving my skin. I turned my head to the side to see where he was. My eyes widened when I could see out of my peripheral that he had the gun pointed at the back of my head, his body about three feet away.

"Y/N, don't look at me," he whispered.

I took this moment to duck quickly moving my arm around his as I spun, my other elbow connecting with his neck. I gripped his wrist where he held the gun delivering a knee to his groin. He let out a groan as my hand took the gun from his and smacked him at the back of the head with the butt of the gun. I turned the gun around in my hand, pointing it at Steve, who was on one knee, while taking a few steps back from him. Unfortunately, no where near the door.

He rose, on hand on his neck, the other went to his back.

"Don't, Steven," I warned, pointing the gun at his center of mass. "I don't want to shoot you."

"You're not going to shoot me," he breathed. He brought his hand out from behind his back and revealed a knife. Not too surprising, as I felt it on the motorcycle.

"I'm warning you, Steve," I forced out. My eyes looked him over, trying to read what his next move will be. Usually it wouldn't be so hard, but that was without knowing how he fought as a HYDRA agent.

"Now, c'mon Y/NN."

Hearing my nickname made me sick to my stomach. The man in front of me couldn't make up his mind about me. I knew it. He knew it.