Nurse Barton (Clint x Reader)

Words: 1,500
Warnings: mention of blood, Tony being Tony

--------------------------------------------

Y/N took a sip of the drink that Natasha handed her and she leaned back in the chair, digging her feet into the sand. "Thanks, Tasha," she said to the redhead.

"No problem," the redhead answered, handing another to Wanda before taking a seat in the chair between the two girls. "Won't be a beach day without a sangria or two." She took a sip of the drink and moved her sunglasses from the top of her head to the bridge of her nose.

Y/N placed her free hand over her eyes, shielding it from the sun, to look at her friend and coworker. "It's rare that we all get to have a bit of down time, let alone at the beach," she said squinting her eyes a bit more.

"Y/N, why didn't you bring a hat or glasses?" asked Wanda.

Y/N laughed. "They are up in Tony's house. Don't feel like getting them," she explained, bringing her hand down and closing her eyes, letting her head rest against the chair back.

"Pietro can go get them for you," offered Wanda.

Y/N let out a laugh. "No, that's quite alright. I wore my sunscreen." She tilted her head up to take a sip of the cold drink. "Remind me to tell Pepper that this is delicious."

Just as Y/N brought her glass down, a ball landed in her lap, spilling a little of the sangria on her hand. "The fridge nugget!" she yelled, grabbing the glass with her other hand to shake the wet one of the red liquid.

Natasha laughed at her friend's exclamation. "One of these days we will hear you swear, Y/LN," she smirked to which Y/N stuck her tongue out at her.

"Sorry, Y/N," a low voice said, as a shadow casted upon her. Y/N squinted her eyes to look at the figure standing in front of her.

"Geez, Clint. I would like to drink my drink, not wear it," she teased the man wearing only a pair of handing her drink to Natasha so she could wipe her hand on the towel.

Clint laughed. "You're swimsuit matches the wine, so it won't stain. Besides, you can always go dip into the ocean to clean yourself off." He picked up the ball and threw it back to the group of guys, Steve catching it with one hand.

"Aren't you going to join them?" Y/N asked, taking her drink back from Natasha.

"Naw, they want to play volleyball, but we have one extra person. Unless, you ladies want to join us?" he offered, his eyebrows raising behind his purple sunglasses.

"No thank you, Barton" Natasha replied, resting her head back to face the son. "Did you forget that Stark banned me from any sports we play?"

"And I'm not much of a sports girl," Wanda said, looking over her sunglasses.

"What do you say, Y/N? Up for it?" Clint asked, beaming at her.

Y/N thought about it for a bit and shrugged. She handed her glass to Natasha and pushed up out of her chair. "Oh, why not. I haven't played since college. Just promise me this is just going to be fun, not competitive."

Clint smiled. "All fun." And before Y/N could change her mind, he picked her up, threw her over his shoulder and, despite her protests of being able to walk on her own, jogged to meet the other guys.

~~~~

"Got it!" Y/N yelled as she sped through the sand to hit the ball flying through the air. She dove into the sand for the ball, making contact with it, but getting a face full of sand in the process.