Fucking Steve's Fucking Hydra Ending 2 (Hydra!Steve x Reader)

Words: 1,906
Warnings: blood, surprise double agent, feels, more feels, oh look...I killed someone.

A/N: Okay Ending 2. I was okay writing this until the end. Yeah, I couldn't help myself. But I promise the next ending will be happier...Really. Promise.

~~~

Steve dragged me into the cabin and I saw an outline in the corner of the open room. Closing the door softly behind us, he came up behind me, wrapping his arm around my stomach and resting his chin on the top of my head. His body felt tense against mine, and my eyes traveled back to the person standing in the shadows. I couldn't make out the face, but the shape of the body made my blood run cold. And when they spoke, my suspicion was confirmed, making me sick to my stomach.

"Hello, Y/N." Her voice was velvety soft and the red lips were curved into a small smirk as she stepped forward, the light illuminating her face.

"Natasha," I muttered, eyes wide as she stepped closer to me.

"You look surprised," she laughed as she stopped in front of me. Her hand caressed my cheek and looked up at Steve to address him. "Why is she here?"

"We can get her on our side," he replied, his grip on me tightened, starting to make it difficult for me to breathe.

Natasha let out a very loud laugh, turning to walk to the window. "Rogers, are you that daft? Do you really think the last few weeks you were working her over to join HYDRA?" her voice was dripping with venom, and I bit my lip. She knew what I was up to, I told her everything when she came to the house that day to 'find' me.

"So you're HYDRA, too?" I interrupted her. I didn't need her to get Steve on her side and I would be truly unmatched.

Natasha just smiled at me, a chilling smile. One I have never seen her give anyone one before. "Sweetie, I'm his handler," she answered, pointing to Steve who's arms tensed around me and taking a deep breath. "Who do you think gave him the order to kill you? We have one rule when working undercover: no falling for any of the targets. Rogers had to go and fall for your sorry ass."

My mouth fell open in disbelief. The woman who I considered to be my best friend was saying she was the handler of my boyfriend for HYDRA. Now I was convinced that I had to be sleeping and just having a really horrible dream.

"Close your mouth, dear. It's very unattractive," she mewed, looking out the window.

Steve rubbed small circles on my skin, a silent way of telling me to keep my mouth closed, but I'm a stubborn girl...and I just learned my best friend was HYDRA as well.

"So were you part of all this since the beginning as well?" I spat, narrowing my eyes at her.

She let out a soft laugh and shook her head. "Oh no. I was KGB when Clint found me. I wasn't HYDRA until I was welcomed into SHIELD. I mean, they were a parasite growing within." She turned to me, her eyes were cold. "Then he was found alive, made everything buzz with excitement on both sides. I was assigned to be his handler, and since Fury and Coulson trusted me, it wasn't hard to be alone with him."

"So the whole DC thing?" I asked, my mind reeling with all this new information.

"My doing? Oh no," she laughed, "I had no hand in anything that was going on with Bucky. I had to deal with sappy ass over there because he didn't even know that Bucky was alive. Granted the bastard did put a bullet through me because that's how undercover work works. Unfortunately, my orders were to keep up SHIELD appearances, so I had to do things."

"Like bring down HYDRA," I filled in.

"Pierce and them were just pawns. There are bigger players in this," she said. She turned and walked back to us, Steve still having his ironclad grip on me so I couldn't move. "I bet you are wondering about after that, am I right?" She gripped the sides of my face with one hand, her nails digging into my skin.