It Only Takes Once (Chapter 5)

"Well Shakayln and I are getting married and we're having a baby" Khadarious said quickly. My eyes went wide, I didn't expect him to just blurt it out like that. I avoided eye contact with everyone at the table. My eyes roamed the walls and stands that held expensive paintings, vases, and other types of artwork.

"I knew it, your titties have never been bigger than mine now you all busting out your shirt!" Shalandra said standing up and pointing her finger at me.

Since Shamika and Victoria already knew they were just looking around surveying everyone else's reactions. I looked at Shakayla and she had an unreadable expression on her face; she didn't look angry or happy. Shakayla being my older sister by seven years was like the person who raised me after our parents died. I knew she'd be disappointed in me but she would never tell me that. Shalandra on the other would tell me how stupid I was and a lot of other stuff I didn't want to hear.

"How far along are you?" Jayde asked me with a smile on her face.

"I'm about two months, I'll find out for sure on Thursday. I have a doctors appointment" I said calculating about how long ago Khadarious and I first 'hooked up'

"When's the wedding, oh my gosh can I be a bridesmaid? I've never been in a wedding before. I gotta go call Melissa" Kamile said pulling out her cellphone and getting up from the table.

"Well the we decided on August 25th, we weren't going to do anything big, just going down to the courthouse and maybe having a big reception for our friends and family" I explained to the remaining people at the table.

"Thank you for dinner Shakayln, it was lovely. Khadarious let me speak to you in private" Ms. Patricia said standing up from the table.

"I'm going to be an Auntie" Shakayla said smiling at me faintly. "I'm happy for you Shak" She said calling me by my childhood nickname. My father used to call me Shak when I was younger to make fun of my height; I've always been short and even at twenty-six years old I was barely five foot and that was with shoes on.

"Thanks Kayla" I said smiling back at her. Justin gave me a thumbs up before making a goofy face.

"You seem like a really nice young lady, I'm glad Khadarious found someone like you. I wish the best for you and congratulations. I have another baby to spoil." Charmaine said giving me a hug. "You call me Aunt Charmaine or Ma, you family now" She said patting my hand.

"Thank you, I really appreciate you embracing this. I know it's not the ideal way to do things" I said hesitantly.

"Girl please, we all have sex you good. I'm just glad K.D found somebody for his hoe ass. It's good to see him settled down" Jayde said before Chris elbowed her.

"Why would you tell her that, now you got her thinking my cousin is a hoe" Chris said scrunching his face at her

"He is a hoe" Devin said before laughing.

"Uh no he WAS a hoe" I said correcting the both of them. "Khadarious is a one woman man now" I said matter of factly

"Baby girl got that ass in check" Justin said to Chris and Devin. "Shakayln don't play that" He said putting his head down and shaking it. "Kinda feel sorry for the brotha" Justin said earning a glare from me.

"I am not that bad" I argued folding my arms over my chest just as Khadarious and his grandmother walked back into the dining room.

"Yes you are, you cut Byron's ass, bleached his whole closet, and took a bat to his Benz" Victoria said trying to prove her point.

"I had my reasons" I mumbled sliding down in my seat

"You go girl. Handle your business" Aunt Charmaine said hi fiving me before laughing. "K.D don't mess with this one" She said pointing her acrylic fingernail at Khadarious.