It Only Takes Once (Chapter 15)

Khadarious Pov:

"Ma'am I'm going to need you to calm down" The nurse said to Shakayln, she was trying to help her put on the hospital gown but Shakayln wouldn't cooperate.

"My fucking babies are in danger and you want me to put on this ugly ass gown" She cried.

"Shakayln shut up and put on the damn hospital gown so she can help you" I snapped at her. Not to mention I didn't feel good, probably because I haven't had a meal or my insulin in almost twenty four hours.

"You don't have to yell" She said with her lip trembling so I knew she was about to cry. I didn't mean to yell at her but I was nervous and worried for the health of Shakayln and my babies. She had a panic attack in the car on the way to the hospital so I had to be strong for her even though I wanted to have a breakdown right with her.

"You're right, I'm sorry baby but you need to calm down and do what she says so we can check on our babies." I said making her calm down long enough for the nurse to help her into the gown and lay down in the hospital bed.

"Okay ma'am were going to do some blood work and an ultrasound to see what's going on with these babies" The nurse said making Shakayln freak out again. She hates needles, she even gets scared when she watches me take my blood sugar and give myself my insulin. She usually has to look away or she'll get nauseous.

The nurse left out of the room to get everything she needed to do Shakayln's blood work and ultrasound.

"I'm scared" Shakayln whispered looking out the window of the hospital room.

"Everything's gonna be fine" I said sitting down in the chair beside her hospital bed.

"You promise?" She asked looking at me.

"I promise" I said before leaning over and kissing her forehead.

"Okay, first I'm going draw some blood and then we're going to do an ultrasound to see if we can hear the heartbeats." The nurse said coming back into the room.

"Okay" She said quietly. The nurse put on her latex gloves and proceeded to draw blood from Shakayln's left arm while she was squeezing the hell out of my hand and biting my shoulder. That girl got some sharp ass teeth and a strong ass grip, I swear Imma have bruises in the morning.

"Alright, all done. I'm going to send this off to the lab and we should get some results in the next three to five days" She said putting the vile of blood into a plastic bag.

She washed her hands before going to the ultrasound machine and getting everything ready for it.

"There are your babies, and we do indeed have two sets of heartbeats. Did you already know what you were having?" The nurse asked while smiling at us.

"No, they were both turned the opposite way so we couldn't really see" Shakayln said wiping her eyes. She started crying when we heard both our babies heartbeats.

"Well it looks to me like you're having a boy and a girl. Congratulations " She said smiling at us. Shakayln was full on sobbing by the time the nurse wiped her stomach and fixed her hospital gown.

"Baby, don't cry everything's fine" I said grabbing her hand.

"I know, I'm happy" She hiccuped before blowing her nose. "My babies are okay" She said smiling.

"We still have to find the root of the problem that caused your bleeding. We're going to keep your overnight for observation." She said writing on a clipboard.

"I hate hospitals" Shakayln whined after the nurse had left.

"It's just overnight you'll be fine" I said before answering my ringing phone.