It Only Takes Once (Chapter 26)

"Shakayln. I'm fine, stop crying baby." He said cradling my face in his palm.

"Are you really though?" I asked looking up at him.

It had been two days since he'd woken up from the coma and I haven't left his side and I don't plan to unless God himself tells me to leave.

Fuck Devin and his rules.

Speaking of Devin, bless his little heart. When he got the news Khadarious was awake the nigga cried. Like he was actually crying, I've never seen a grown ass man cry so hard before in my life.

"I am baby, trust me. I'll get through this okay." He said trying to reassure me.

"But Khadarious, you can't walk. How the hell are we going to get through this. I'm due in two weeks, I need you." I cried into his shirt.

"I know Shakayln." He mumbled while stroking my hair. "It won't be easy but I will walk again."

"You don't know how bad I missed you." I mumbled into his neck.

"I missed you too baby." He laughed.

"No you didn't, you were basically dead. I was actually going through life without you and missing you while you was laid up taking a damn nap." I pouted.

"I was not dead." He protested.

"Sure." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"For real, it was like I was awake but I couldn't wake up, if that makes sense." He explained.

"The whole time?" I asked.

"Nah, it was like I'd wake up then slip back under." He explained.

"Oh, I bet that was weird." I mumbled absentmindedly, while digging my nails into different spots of his left arm to see if he could feel it.

"It was frustrating too." He sighed. "Nigga would you stop." He said swatting my hand away.

"You felt that." I exclaimed.

"No, I saw you." He said smacking his lips. "Idiot." He mumbled.

"Oh, well you start therapy tomorrow." I informed him.

"Oh the joy." He mumbled sarcastically before rolling his eyes.

"It'll be fine babe." I said rubbing his right hand.

"Sure it will." He sighed.

"You nervous?" I asked sitting up in the hospital bed.

"A little." He shrugged. I gave him the nigga please look and he laughed before speaking again. "Yeah I'm nervous, it's a lot of pressure being put on me. Taking care of you and my kids, providing for my family, and running the businesses, how am I going to do all that shit with a bum ass leg and arm?" He sighed.

"Well first of all, we got the money. So it's not like we're struggling to pay the bills. Second, you don't have to take care of me, I'm a grown ass woman Khadarious. Thirdly what you go through, I go through. We're married Khadarious, hell if you struggle, I struggle. Understood?" I explained.

"I swear you my nigga." He said kissing the top of my head.

"I wish you'd quit calling me that." I said smacking my lips and eyeing him making him laugh.

"My bad baby." He said resting his right hand on my breast making me let out a moan.

If only he knew what that did to me.

There was nothing sexual about what he did, I was just that horny, my breast were also extremely sensitive since the pregnancy.

"It's like that?" He asked smirking.