Chapter 6 - Books and Magic

Training started first thing tomorrow morning. While everyone had at least 15 people in their training groups, I was alone. Alexa made me wake up an hour before everyone else. She claimed it would show me the real isolation that it was to be a mage. So much for making me feel better about myself. I woke up to a outfit that was the training suit for a Mage. It was the weirdest thing yet. It was a separate black hood with a sky blue stripe down the middle and the edges. Under it, I wore black leather leggings, a crop top that was blue in the front and leather in the back. To finish it off, I laced up my combat boots. I doubt we would actually go to battle in this, but I was expected to wear this to practice. I rolled my eyes while changing into it. The rest of my friends were still asleep. I walked out of the room and met up with Alexa in the middle of the dome we were in yesterday. I walked in. She was sitting in the middle, with her eyes closed.

"I didn't know you were a mage," I said causing her to open her eyes.

She smiled, "I would like to say the same, but I knew it when I saw your arm."

"Well care to explain about my scar? I seem to never get the full answer,"

"Not just yet."

"Damn it! Just explain. I have a right to know."

"Fine. I'll explain the basics, because you're not ready for the whole story yet. Basically, fire from the explosion was probably prone to go inside the closest or strongest source of magic, so it went inside you and it provoked your magic to make it stronger."

"Can't you explain it fully and spare me the trouble?" I inquired.

"No," Alexa replied calmly.

Her calm and tranquility bothered me. "Ugh! I hate you!" I whined like a three year old.

"Time to train." Still, her calmness prevailed.

"By doing?" I asked snottily.

"Learning about Keq Cantar and their history."

"I want to learn how to use magic." I wasn't going to give in. I was a special Mage and I deserved to learn magic.

"You will, but first this."

You would have no idea how much I hated her. I learned nothing important, just vague details that I didn't even care about. The entire training session went by with bits and pieces that were to me, complete crap. At the end of training, Alexa motioned for me to come closer. She handed me a purple leather notebook, with the words: Sannleikurinn engraved in fancy script on the front. It was icelandic for something, although I had no idea what it stood for. She instructed me to read the book if I could. The words looked like gibberish when I looked at it. I rolled my eyes and took it. I didn't want to make another scene, or I would be late for team, training. It was time for team training. I was looking forward to meeting my friends. Alexa left the dome, letting my team come in. Hunter walked in.

"Take the hood off." He instructed.

I gladly obeyed, letting my two braids fall on my shoulders. He smiled and ran some drills with us. It was amazing. I don't know if it was the tattoos, or the fact that he was older, but Hunter was incredibly hot. I tried not to think about it, because there was WAY too much going on in my life for things like this. I tried to pull myself together and get through the drills without distractions. According to Alexa's training, I was supposed to use my magic, but Hunter went easy on me and made me focus on traditional fighting more. At the end of practice, Hunter asked me to stay behind. Maia smirked at me and walked out. She pointed to Gabriella, who has gripping Adam's arm. They totally hit off. I smiled and turned away to look at Hunter's piercing green eyes. I wondered what he wanted.