Chapter 10 - Reunited Yet Broken

I jumped out of the helicopter, landing on top of the dome. We followed the others. I smiled at the familiarity of the forest, which was regenerated from the last time Luke burned it. I could see through the glass. It wasn't early in the morning and it was almost empty. The group training would be very soon. I had no watch, but Hunter was inside. He only came in a few minutes before training started. Jess walked towards the back of the dome and put her finger to her mouth. She shushed us and started to make her hand glow. She started to make a circle in the dome and jumped through the glass, even though it was still there. I gave a questioning look at Alice as everyone jumped through the glass, but she just shrugged and jumped in after them. I hesitated and jumped down. I didn't land gracefully, causing Hunter to turn around and Niall to glare at me. I smiled apologetically, and Abby rolled her eyes. E.O.P. and Alice were supposed to go distract the Bonum while Luke and I would confront my friends.

The others jumped from tree to tree and used the same magic to get through the walls as they did to get through the dome. Luke and I were kept behind in the dome. Alice kept watch outside so she could signal the E.O.P. to when to wreck havok and set the alarms off to get Hunter distracted, but if he didn't leave, we would have Alice to come in and get him. Soon enough, five familiar faces walked into the door. Alice signaled E.O.P. and the alarms went off no more than five minutes later. Hunter, though, didn't rush out.

"Aren't you going to leave?" Gabriella asked Hunter.

Hunter rolled his eyes, "Last time, they took Ember. Do you really think I'm going to risk your lives again?"

Maia shrugged. "Since when are we just as important as Ember to you? I just wish we could get her back. Nothing else really matters anymore. I just miss her."

"We all do," Wendy added, moving towards the tree I was hiding behind. I took a breath in, not wanting to be found just yet. She leaned on it, putting her foot right next to me.

Luke moved his fingers to show me to get into action. He grabbed

my hand and I was made visible again. Edwin noticed first, seeing me appear with him out of thin air. He pulled on Adam's arm.

    "THERE! There! There! Look it's Ember! Look!" Edwin yelled jumping up and down. As Adam saw me, his jaw dropped. Hunter quickly turned around to face me.

    Hunter's smile vanished as quickly as it appeared when he saw Luke with me. "Ember, get over here now!" He commanded.

    I bit the bottom of my lip, "I-I want to talk to my friends. Just them- alone. You lied to me," I said to him. I directed myself towards my friends, "He lied to us." I pointed to Hunter.

    "Lied? Ember, what are you talking about?" Adam asked, drawing a sword out from behind him. Gabriella drew one out, too. Maia was equipped with a bow and arrow, pointing it at Luke. Wendy and Edwin had tiny knives and a belt full of medicine vials. They all got upgraded weapons.

    Hunter started to move towards me and grabbed my hand. I flinched back. "Ember, why would I lie?" He put his hand on my shoulder. "Please. Listen to me. What did I do?"

    "Back off of my girlfriend, you bitch," Luke said. He sent a blue glowing fireball towards Hunter, pushing him back. Maia let go of the arrow, shooting Luke on the shoulder. He grabbed the arrow out of his shoulder and threw it back, hitting Edwin in the knee. Wendy ran to care for Edwin. "How cute, although, cute doesn't cut it," Luke grinned. He teleported right next to Wendy and Edwin and made them black out, by hitting them in the head with some Magic. Luke's eyes started glowing blue and Adam ran towards him. He easily kicked Adam in the stomach, sending him back, hitting a tree and falling to the floor. Adam's head started to bleed.