Chapter 15- Mage VS Mage

I tried to pretend that everything will be okay. I gave myself comfort- comfort that I knew was being exaggerated. I'll close my eyes and I'd wake up in a beach with Draco by my side, and my best friends laughing with me. Of course, I knew that would probably never happen, at least not in this world. I was stuck with a creepy moon lady coming in a few minutes to possess me, and if that works, I'm going to murder my friends. Jolly, ain't it? I couldn't even bring myself to do a practice fight against Maia, and now, I'm going to kill her? I shuddered at the thought.

The light of the moon made the snow shine brighter. The cold of the snow, pushing against my bare arms, was the least of my concerns. I simply gave a glare at Siren, who looked away, looking way more concerned than happy that he was going to win. But he wasn't, was he? Wasn't Hunter going to come and- and what? Get beat again? I sighed and tried to stay calm. Of course, it wasn't easy. Frederick held Maia close to him, and Alice held Adam. Gabriella was held by Jess, who was having a conversation with her about Adam. Some unknown two men held me down, pushing me into the snow. I felt the snow in my boots, and the chills were nothing compared to my mind racing.

"Almost midnight. Three more minutes. Any last words?" Frederick hissed, petting Maia's head.

I brought my head up and looked at Siren again. "Yeah, to the pathetic moonlight princess over there, I hate you. You have no idea how much."

Siren turned around, but didn't look at me. "Well, to be fair, I did you a favor. You'll thank me after Alvara is here."

Adam scoffed, "Ember? Thank you? Better keep on wishing, pretty boy."

Alice put her arm over Adam's mouth. "Shh, it's okay, you won't get killed. Only Gabriella. I want to keep you and Frederick wants to keep Maia."

"What the fuck? No one wants to keep me?! I think Adam does!" Gabriella proclaimed, glaring at Alice.

"Ya, and honestly, I'd rather die than be with this guy," Maia said, scared.

"I'd keep you, Gabriella, but you're on the wrong side. Although, Alice, honestly, Adam will never like you," Jess shrugged, obviously taking a liking to Gabriella, "Although, I so want to see someone get killed, and you seem like the best candidate."

"Gee, thanks!" Gabriella rolled her eyes and pouted her bottom lip.

Siren was the only one not holding onto someone and I assumed he would do the magic part, although Alexa ran in last moment, staring at me and smiling.

Frederick counted down the final ten seconds before screaming, "NOW!"

I shook and started to feel myself cringe, I could see Gabriella looking more annoyed than scared, and I have no idea how she's not scared. Alexa walked up to me and put her thumb on my forehead and grabbed Luke's hand, telling him to start.

"Móðir tunglinu , koma niður og setja galdur þinn í þessa stúlku!" He said, shaking with a petrified look. "Móðir tunglinu , koma niður og setja galdur þinn í þessa stúlku!"

He repeated it a lot of times and I started to struggle with the people who held me, but they just kicked me down. No matter how much I fidgeted, Alexa's thumb never left my forehead. Soon enough, a weird ghost-like person came down from the light of the moon. Although, it wasn't the girl we saw in the story. Her face was grey and scratched, distorted, and ugly. She had just a mouth, which she smiled with, revealing a set of pearly sharp teeth. She did not look like the Alvara in the story.

"Hello! My children! You have brought me back! How beautiful, although I can't do any magic in this form, you know that," She said, obviously knowing she wasn't brought here for no reason.