Chapter 1

Author note.

This book is the non-fanfiction version of 'Blessed' and every character in this book is purely a work of imagination. The songs used are random tunes from some present day artist and presence of their music doesnt turn 'I fell in love with my fan! ' into a fanfiction.

This book is not a fanfiction.

Jason's POV

"I drove by all the place we used to hangout getting wasted

I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted

And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?

When he says the word that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I am not fine at all."

I kept striking the chords of my guitar. My fingers were pretty much close to bleeding, but this pain was nothing more than a pinprick in front of the agony my broken heart was facing. It's not that I am complaining, 2 years is a huge time period to accept reality and I guess I am finally coming to terms with the hurt. My eyes were glassy and tears threaten to sneak out of them but I still managed to fix my gaze at the beautiful night sky that once held so much more than nostalgia for me.

Oh my dear poor heart. How can you break it like a mirror? Why?

I was snapped out of my reverie when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I slid it out. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as my phone screen flashed "Unknown Number". My heartbeat suddenly went crazy as if my life depended on this call. I pressed my iPhone reluctantly on my left ear while keeping my guitar aside by right one.

"I found her."

My eyes grew wide. A single tear slid down my face. The open sky suddenly felt like vacuum and memories choked me. I wanted to ask a million questions but I couldn't find my voice. After what seemed like ages, I finally managed to make my existence on other side evident.

"I am coming."

6 YEARS BACK, Los Angeles

"And here comes the princess of the night..." Tay announced.

Like every show, now is the moment when I will be making that one girl chosen out of a crowd of millions, feel special. I walked down the stairs slowly as Nick and Jon walked the princess of the night.

"Saw so many pretty faces before I saw you
now all I see is you
I'm coming for you..."

I continued and they walked her to high chair in middle of stage. She was wearing a green tank top with torn denim shorts. The girl had her back towards me. Her shoulders were shaking implying that she was already shedding tears of joy and overwhelm. I slowly made my way to her seat. She didn't dare to turn and look at me, her palms covering her face. I gently placed the crown on her head as accustomed and the tiara completely complemented her wavy brown locks.

But even when I have done this thing thousands of times (Ok maybe I exaggerated way too much!), I felt way too nervous doing this one. My hands were feeling shaky and heart was pumping blood at a dangerous speed. I lifted my hands up ignoring their quivering. My hands slowly took her palms. The moment my skin found her touch, I felt fireworks and my stomach twisted into an unhealthy knot. I guess she felt the same because her hands that were now perfectly moulded in mine, instantly slid down revealing the most gorgeous face I ever laid eyes on.