Chapter 34

Violet's POV

I have never ever felt this insecure about my appearance in my entire life like I feel right now. Chaz was throwing a New Year party and Jason asked me out as his date as if it's not obvious. I didn't bring any dress or gown with me here and that practically left me with no option but to wear my usual shirt or blouse with skinny jeans and sneakers but when I came out after a shower, there was a cute gold skater dress laying on my bed with matching ear cuffs, bracelet and a pair of nude pumps with a single rose. My heart skipped a beat at the meaning behind the rose.

Love at first sight.

My fingers grazed the fabric of dress and a smile made its way to my lips.

Jason.

I shrieked as a pair of arms snaked on my waist but relaxed when I noticed the familiar cologne. I leaned my back against his chest and overlapped his hands on my waist. He placed his chin on my shoulder after placing a kiss there. I smiled at the gesture.

"You liked it?" I could feel him biting his lips in anxiousness.

"Nah." He immediately stiffened but before he could say anything, I turned in his arms and crashed my lips to his. "I loved it." I whispered against his lips.

He smiled and kissed me again.

"When did you do this?"

"Uh well..." he rubbed the back of his neck. "Let's just say that I wasn't helping Chaz setting the party up and neither was Caitlyn."

I could see faint blush on his cheeks. I giggled and poked his cheek. He swatted my hand away, glaring playfully at me. I pressed my lips over his in a brief kiss.

He grinned at me as we pulled away and I swear my heart skipped a few beats. I smiled back giddily knowing that I made him smile.

~~~~

"Nice dress." I turned to see Ashley smiling at me.

"Thanks." I smiled back. She placed her drink on a nearby table and inched towards me.

"I bet Jason had heart eyes seeing you in this." Caitlyn gave me a smug look and I blushed.

My mind went back to earlier today when he was shouting for me to hurry up. He was in middle of stairs to guest room where I don't stay much these days. He would just pick me up, take me to his room and viola, next morning I am cuddled to him.

As soon as his eyes fell on me, the impatience on his face turned into shock and then adoration. He walked up and snaked his arms around my waist, bringing me closer before pecking me.

"You look beautiful. I swear you took my breath away." He whispered against my lips, looking straight in my eyes.

Caitlyn snapped her fingers in front of my eyes, bringing me back to reality and wiggled her eyebrows, obviously catching my train of thoughts. A heavy arm fell on my shoulder and I turned to see Christian giving me a once over. I raised my eyebrows when his eyes met mine but he just winked at me before dragging me towards kitchen.

Chaz greeted me there with a grin and handed me a drink that I politely refused. He shrugged it off and stuck a small conversation with the two of us when Jason walked in with Cedric. He stole me from Chris and Chaz before pulling me towards dance floor. His hands slid their way to my waist and mine found their way to his neck. He was grinning from ear to ear and I had a feeling that he was slightly tipsy.

"Hey."

"Hey." I smiled. He leaned down and pecked me slightly as we swayed to the beat.