Chapter 18

Jason's POV

Vi was nervous and uncomfortable whole time as Ashley kept sending her death glares. I made sure to keep Vi close to me as I didn't wanted Ashley to do something. It was when we were setting up tents that Vi finally loosened up a bit. I could see adoration in mom's eyes for her as she said that she wish she had a daughter like Vi. This ignite a fire in Ashley's eyes. Ashley and I were friends even before my fame and she thus expected mom to say that for her. Dad and Vi got along very well too. Both were enjoying talking about CSI as they set the tent up. I didn't wanted to be third wheel so I gave them space and went to check on Tia and Xav who were playing.

The camp site was on inner edge of the forest and had a lake at walking distance. It was beautiful yet dangerous given that Xav and Tia are still pretty young.

"Boo!" I knew it was Xav so for the sake of him, I jumped and put a hand on my heart to feign terror. He chuckled at me.

"Yeah! I scared you Jason!"

"Shit Xav! I could have died outta heart attack." He laughed harder and then his eyes grew mischievous.

"Where is Violet?"

"You wanna scare her?" he nodded and rubbed his palms like he was a movie villain. I bit back a laugh.

"She is setting up tents maybe but we will scare her together at night. What say?" his eyes shined with mischief and he nodded with an evil laugh. I picked him up in my arms. "Where is Tia?"

"With Ash I guess." We both rolled our eyes. Yay my bro!

I heard the two girls giggling from back. I turned. They were approaching us. As soon as Tia's eyes landed on me, she ran towards me and tugged the hem of my shirt. I bent down to her level.

"Jay let's play hide and seek?"

"Now?"

"Please?"

"But lunch is about to start baby doll."

"Just one round. Please?" she did puppy dog eyes and I gave up.

"Fine." I put Xav down and Tia said that she will search us. Xav demanded to bring Vi too but Ash was here so I refused.

We all went to hide in a decided area and Tia counted. I hid behind a bush and waited. A smile never left my face as I was enjoying a much needed family time. But this didn't last enough as I felt a tap on my shoulder- Ash.

She slid down next to me and I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

"WTH Ashley! Stop playing games and leave me and my family alone."

"FYI Jason, your sister called me. Seems like she is only one who is not blind here."

"Don't you-"

"Or what?"

"Just leave Ash. I don't want to make a scene here."

"Why cant you see Jason that the girl is just using you?"

"Excuse me? Last time I checked you were the one using my name to get in clubs and you were the one using my name to become a super-model."

"Shut up Blakely! I deserved it!"

"Yeah I can see what you deserve."

"I deserve you and she don't!"

"Oh you don't deserve anything Ash!" her eyes suddenly went softer making me feel guilty. She placed her hand on my cheek and caressed it.