Chapter 6

Jason's POV

"You don't even know anything. You don't even know how much I am grateful to have you. It's so crazy. I never thought that the guy I always treated as my best friend can actually act as one. I thought that my little beautiful dream world will always be a dream world. I never imagined meeting you and ending up like this. Thanks for always being with me knowingly and unknowingly. But please-please-please Jason I beg you to stay away coz I know one day I will hurt and push you away too and that's the last thing I want. I want to be the smile on your face not the reason for hurt. I am just too screwed up to deserve you. I am sorry. I am so sorry. I want to be alone but not lonely but lately I am getting addicted to loneliness and you are clearly not helping it. I can't afford my heart broken any further. So please..." I woke up to a constant whispering against my chest.

I guess I stayed the night and we slept against the kitchen counter. Every word she just said hit me like knives stabbing my heart hard. I assume that she was unaware of me being wide awake until a rebel tear slid down and fell on her skin, gently shattering into million tiny parts just like my heart.

Her eyes snapped wide as she looked up. I didn't dare to look in her eyes.

"I didn't knew that you were awake."

"I am glad you didn't."

She bit her lip hard and darted her hands up to gently wipe the salts.

"That's exactly what happens when I let somebody near Me." she stated forcing a sad smile. I finally looked at her. Her eyes were puffed and red. She felt so weak even when she was personification of exact opposite definition. I pressed my lips in a thin line for a few moment and then sighed.

"You can never hurt anybody. You can never hurt me. And even if you do I know your intentions can never be wrong. I trust you with my heart. Don't ask me the reason for that because I myself don't know and if you feel that I am doing this out of sympathy then just know it, Violet Simpson, since the moment I saw you for the first time, I wanted to know you more. There is such a deep mystery in your eyes and I want to unlock every damn bit of it. I want to be your friend because I take you as one already. So can I be your friend? Correction best friend?" I spoke in one go and stretched my hand towards her.

As expected her eyes were blurred with tears and she stared it for good 1 minute before accepting it. Her hands moulded perfectly in mine making me smile. I got up and pulled her up too. I let go of her hand and stretched my arms a bit. My muscles were tensed because of awkward sleep position. She started walking away and I stopped her by throwing my arms around her shoulder from behind. She turned, maintaining the contact. I leaned my head, letting our foreheads exchange warmth.

"Enough crying. No more tears just smiles now. Okay?"

"Okay." She nodded and I let go of her. But then my rebel stomach growled loud and to my utter embarrassment, Violet burst into fits of laughter. As humiliating as it felt, it was a sight of pure joy to see her laugh after a huge storm. I didn't get much information about her pain but I knew at least one figure behind it.

"Wait, I will cook something for you." Her voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Umm... its okay, I think I should leave now."

"Your choice but seems like if you go you will miss on your favourite Indian food." She smirked at me. She freaking smirked at me!

Damn that smirk!

She leaned against the counter opposite me, waiting for an answer. Isn't my answer obvious? Who in their sane mind will refuse to have their favourite breakfast with their favourite person?