XII

Dallon's POV:

Brendon and I had just gotten out of therapy and they told us all to go to lunch. We walked up to our table and Ashley was hugging Patrick so tight that he was turning blue.

"Woah woah, Ash he can't breathe chill." Brendon chuckled. She turned a light shade of pink and let Patrick go.

"I'm sorry, but I can wear my own clothes now! Dr.Barakat said that since I've been doing good for three months, I can get out of these prison garments." She beamed.

Everyone at the table gave her "Congratulations" and "I'm glad you're doing well!"'s and I just gave her a smile.

We all had conversations about how well everyone has been doing lately, and how they would get out soon. I was thankful that I was invisible in that moment and for that moment only, because I sure as hell didn't want to talk about how I was doing.

You do know as soon as you go back to your room, Brendon's going to ask what happened-

I was brought out of my thoughts by Josh's voice.

"How about you Dallon, how'd check up go?" I shrugged and shook my head in response.

"Oh, well if you ever want anyone to talk to, we're all always here" replied Patrick.

*Time Jump*

"Hey Dal, could I see that guitar you were using? Brendon asked.

"Uh, yeah, here" I handed him the guitar and he started strumming some chords and humming a song I couldn't recognize.

"Hey Dal?"

"Hmm?"

"I know you don't want to talk about it, but what happened during your inspection?" He prodded.

"Just so you know, I'm not telling you because I want to, I'm telling you because I've noticed that you're stubborn and you won't leave me alone until you know." I took a deep breath and continued.

"Two days ago, after dinner, I took a plastic spoon and I um I uh-"

"It's okay, you don't have to say it" he reassured.

We sat in silence next to each other, Brendon tapping his knee and me playing with my sleeves. Brendon kept glancing at me and I kept my head down hoping he would stop and we could just call it a night.

"Can I see them?" he asked. I stared back at him with sad eyes.

"We should go to bed." I avoided his question.

"Uh yeah right bed. You're right" He went over to his bed and flopped down, not bothering to pull the covers over himself.

"Night Dal"

*Another Time Jump*

I jolted up in bed and let out a cry. I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth. I saw Brendon stir. Don't wake Brendon up this time, he doesn't need to know. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and stared at the artwork plastered onto the walls. That was a terrible dream, and I shouldn't have affected me in the way that it did.

Everyone that I had gotten to know had been doing so well progress wise that they had all left me in this prison. Their families came and celebrated their successes but I was still stuck with my same routine every day. Breakfast. Therapy. Freetime. Lunch. Freetime. Dinner. The worst part though. was that Brendon was gone. I no longer had someone who cared about my well being, or to hold my hand when I was upset.

Brendon is going to leave you some day. I came to the realization that he won't be here forever, and when he get's out, he won't wait for me.

I tugged on my hair and let out a frustrated sigh. You let him in too soon, what ever happened to no strings attached? WHY DID YOU LET HIM IN? There used to be a reason you didn't talk. You let that boy break your walls, all because you're so desperate to be loved. All you are is unlovable and unloved.

I shoved my face in my pillow, and crawled back under the sheets. A few tears escaped my eyes, and I quickly wiped them away.

Because in the morning I would become silent once again.

______________________________________________________________

im literally satan maybe it'll be happier in the near future, maybe i'll kill someone soon