XX

it is dan pawlovich btw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brendon's eyes opened when he heard people running down the hall. He shook Dallon awake who shot up, looking at him concerned. "Did you have a nightmare?" He said his voice rough and deep. Brendon shook his head, running to my door to look outside. "What's wrong?" He questioned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "People are running down the hall towards Josh and Tyler's room." Brendon looked at him confused. "I don't know what happened, and I'm worried, they're my friends." He explained. Dallon nodded understandingly and sat up, sliding on a shirt. "Why don't we go check it out?" He remarked with a warm smile that Brendon rarely saw.

They took each other's hands when they heard someone yell from a couple doors down. "I think that was Josh." Brendon said warily. Dallon only gave his hand a squeeze and peered around the corner to check if anyone was there. He looked at Brendon as if to say 'Let's go' and the two of them proceeded down the hall.

Brendon's eyes widened at what he was witnessing. Tyler's body was vacant of any color, his mouth slightly agape and all of his limbs were limp. He was dead. Brendon came to the realization and sprinted down the hall to try and reach his friend. "Tyler!" He shouted. "Sir, I need you to calm down. Sir, please step back." A nurse said calmly."You don't understand! That's my best friend; you have to let me go!" He yelled. "I'm afraid I can't do that." She said. "You have too." He whispered, looking at her with pleading eyes. She glanced at him with pity and regret. "I'm sorry."

~ ~ ~

Dallon had run over to Josh, who was huddled in a corner, holding his head in his hands. Dallon rocked him back and forth like a mother would do to a child. "Josh." He gulped. His head shook frantically in confusion and from being overwhelmed."I-I-I don't I-" He stammered. Tears fell from his eyes in hysteria and pain as he screamed and cried for God to take him too. He thrashed around and punched the walls angry at himself. Dallon wrapped his arms around Josh. "Forgive yourself." He said with soft determination. Josh collapsed into his arms, sobbing. His arms found their way around Dallon's torso, not caring who was watching. Not caring about anything anymore. They swayed back and forth, Josh sobbing and Dallon staying strong for him only letting stray tears escape his grasp. "I loved him."

It's funny how the actions of one can affect so many lives.

~ ~ ~

None of the six friends went to sleep that night. Brendon lies awake, trembling as he stifled cries of desperation and loss. He held a hand over his mouth as not to wake the boy who slept with tear stained cheeks. The image of Tyler was etched on the inside of his eyelids. He kept picturing him laying there, his skin gray and his body lifeless. It was all too much. He let out a muffled scream, collapsing on the linoleum floor. Brendon hated himself for thinking about only himself in that moment. Josh had lost a lover, and everyone had lost a friend, yet he played the victim. He thought. "He's gone." He cried just under a whisper. "I could have saved him."

"I could have saved him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm sorry this is short but i sobbed halfway through this and i don't think i could have written more without crying

it was kind of fun when you requested what you wanted to happen we should do it again