XIX

BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER: GO CHECK OUT MY NEW JOSHLER FIC EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER AND YOU REALLY WANT TO READ THIS PLEASE THANKS LOVE YOU ENJOY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brendon and Dallon walked into the room with their fingers intertwined. Ashley, Patrick, Tyler, Josh and Pete all looked at them with unreadable expressions. Out of the corner of his eye, Dallon saw Josh whisper something into Ashley's ear and she nodded in agreement, making him feel small. He forced himself to look away and removed his hand from Brendon's. Dallon could feel Brendon tense up when he left, obviously not wanting to explain himself to the others.

"Really?" Ashley fumed. "Do you realize what he's done to you?" She continued in disbelief. "Yeah I know what he did Ashley." Brendon sighed. "But I also know why he did it." He concluded. Ashley threw her hands up in frustration. "I can't believe you! We talked about this for five hours Brendon! Five. At the end of the night I thought that maybe you'd get over him and move on with your life, but now you've let him in again." Ashley would have gone on for hours on the subject if Brendon hadn't cut her off. "Why does it matter so much to you? You don't know him." Brendon had been trying to keep calm, but she was pushing him off the edge. "Because you're my best friend, and I don't want you to get hurt." She concluded rather passive aggressively. Everyone at the table watched as she stormed off towards her room. "Is it always this dramatic?" Pete asked. Patrick chuckled and placed a light kiss on his cheek. "Afraid so."

Dallon pushed around the food on his plate. Somehow, he had convinced himself that he wasn't hungry. His mind had wandered off to Brendon as he looked over at the tight knit group of friends. 'What is going on inside his head?' He wondered. Dallon tilted his head to the side, as if he was trying to get a better understanding of the smaller man across the room. Brendon's gaze shifted to look at Dallon whose face was now flushed a light shade of pink. Dallon waved and mouthed the words "Will you come back to the room with me?" He nodded and turned back to face everyone. "I think I'm just going to lay back down until they make me come out again." He declared. "Okay, we'll cover for you." Josh said, looking around the table as if to tell everyone "we're going to defend him".

Brendon looked back over to where Dallon was sitting, to see he wasn't there anymore. 'He doesn't even want to walk back with you. You embarrass him.' He tried to shake off these thoughts, but a part of him truly believed it. He put his head down and quickly made his way towards their room.

He entered the room and Dallon was pacing the room. "What's wrong?" Brendon asked. "I just saw you at your table looking upset after Ashley stormed off, and I wanted to be able to hold you and talk to you and-" Brendon cut him off. "For someone who doesn't like talking, you're pretty talkative." He smirked. Dallon cleared his throat. "Do you want to lie down?" He said quietly. "I'd love to, Dal." They crammed onto the singles bed for the first time in months, both of them content and comfortable with the other in their arms.

"Hey Bren?"

"Yeah"

"I'm gonna get you out of here"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wtf the fuck y'all got your peterick now chill (sorry this was short i just got back from a concert and i have writer's block)