Let's Start At The End

Justice's POV

"Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant." -Henry David Thoreau 

"Ok, that's all for today guys!" the director, Henry, shouted as the cast and crew applauded and started fixing up to leave.

I dumed my things on one of the vacant seats outside the technical booth of our school's theatre and slumped on the seat beside it with a groan, still with my headset on, a script in hand. I ran my free hand through my hair and threw my head back on the chair.

"Tired?" I heard Henry asked through the headset.

"Very." I groaned.

"Too tired for a drink?"

"I think I'll pass." I looked down at him and he was watching me from the stage.

It was our annual college play and we had just finished out third dress rehearsal of the day. The play will be next week and the new actors we got seem to still be oblivious of the where stage right and upper stage right were.

"But it's our thing Justice." He whined.

 "No Henry." I said, sliding down my seat.

Don't get me wrong, I am not turning him down or anything lovey dovey. You see, Henry Jacob Andersen is gay. He is as gay as any man can get and is proud of it, to prove that are the gold shoes he is wearing right now.

"I'm seriously tired and I have a terrible headache with all the bickering and the fighting of your diva actresses." I hissed through the mich, "I swear if I hear another whining I'll quit."

Henry clapped his hand to get everyone's attention, "Ok, if I hear any more whining from any of you guys- crew or cast- I swear to the muses of arts and proclaimers of heroes, I will kick you out of this theatre hall, you wouldn't know what hit you and you will forever- FOREVER!" he stressed, "Forever fear theatre halls, do you understand me?"

I grinned watching my best friend putting on his diva side while the people around him say yes out of fear or out of amusement. Either way, they'd think twice before going against the Henry Jacob Andersen.

"Thank you." I said into the talkies we still had on.

"So does that earn at least a thank you drink?" he asked.

I chuckled, "Fine, but just two rounds then I'm gone."

"Yes!" he cheered on the stage, then he sent me a flying kiss with both hands, "I love you Justice, you are the best!"

I raised my hand and gave him the flip, "I know!"

His laughs echoes through the hall as he walkto the backstage, to change, no doubt.

I sighed and pushed myself out of the chair. I was at the far end of the hall where I could view all the audience area and the dimly lit stage- the reason of my headache. Our technical guy suddenly got sick and, as the assistant director, I had to fill in for him. Migraine and lights just never went well together.

I made my way to the stage, waving good bye to some of the crew along the way, the stage had been set up and was almost done. The music sheets were finished and the costumes were all in perfect shape.

I smiled as I look around and smelled the familiar scent of a theatre hall. It was different from the movie theatre of course which is usually tainted with the scent of pop corn, sticky floor caused by spilled soda or other forms of liquid thrown on the floor- I don't want to be specific.