The Askee

Liam’s POV

“A soul that is kind and intends justice discovers more than any sophist.

-Sophocles 

I stepped into the stage and was easily over whelmed by the crowd and the girls calling my name.

“You ok, sweetheart?” I looked around and saw the host of the show Amanda.

I forced a smile and nodded. “Yes, just a little bit nervous I guess.”

She gave me an amused look, “One of the most popular bachelor in this side of LA is nervous? Should I assume that’s a first?”

I stifled a laugh, “It isn’t actually…” I grinned remembering all the time that I have been nervous. Like a few minutes ago at the theater hall with Justice.

I sighed and tried to clear my mind again.

“You’ll be fine Liam, trust me.” she said. “At least you admit you’re nervous instead of acting like you aren’t. Those people out there wanted to see you out there on stage…”

I shook my head, “I’m not really nervous about that to tell you the truth.”

“Hm…” she raised a brow. “well, hold that thought.”

Suddenly there was a silence around us, then the audience cheered and applauded. The show was starting and Amanda stepped out into the stage waving around and even sending kisses into the audience.

I watched her and then stole a glance at the audience, there were a lot. Some were familiar, some I knew, some I couldn’t even see with all the lights.

I took a deep breath and shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

Why am I here again? I thought, then the scene of the night before came to me.

I received a call from one of the popular networks in LA and told me I was voted to play in the special episode of Certain Curtain. I don’t watch the crap and asked the person on the other line what was the show like.

“It’s the most popular dating game in the planet.” She said as if I was crazy for not knowing that.

“Ah!” I rolled my eyes, “A dating game…” No wonder I didn’t know about it, I thought. “Sorry, I don’t watch TV much.”

I heard her mutter something like, obviously but then she breathed into the phone and continued, “Well, like I said, you were voted to be on the show and you can’t technically turn down since it was already announced earlier.”

I rolled my eyes again, well thank you for the heads up on that one.

“Well, what’s this phone call for then?” I asked, getting a bit pissed.

“To tell you to be at the mall tomorrow at seven, show begins at seven thirty.”

“But I need to be somewhere around that time.” Lie, I turned and stared at the painting that I was to give to Henry for their set.

“Well, as long as you be there at or before seven thirty all ready, I don’t mind.” She said.

“And if I don’t come?” I dared to ask, as I was actually planning to not to go, I had better things to do.

Like join Henry and Justice in their ritual of drinking- until- they- passed out after a dress rehearsal. I have been present at every ritual, so I guess it also is my ritual.