Butterfly Kisses

“Justice is Truth in action.” – Bejamin Disraeli

“So, we still have a pretty long ride to go, how about moving on to your next question Stranger?”

I stared at Amanda for a moment and then turned to the box where dudette hid behind the curtain. My mind was blank for a while, I know how hard it has been for her to answer my questions, at first it was just to get a one up, but now… I respect her, she was obviously braver than I thought.

I was talking in front of a live audience, yes, but I had nothing to lose. My stories are typical- well except for my dad’s. But hers, well, let’s just say that I’m surprised how strong she seems to be after all that she’s been through.

I grinned, realizing something. “I don’t have a question.” I said, “I do have an assumption.”

“An assumption?” dudette asked.

“Yeah.” I said, sitting back, amused. “I think I know now why you’re so stubborn.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He says, his voice turning excited. “Now, don’t get mad, I know you have your reason of why you haven’t mentioned your dad, but you’ve mentioned your brother a lot…”

I frowned.

“So, I’m guessing you were a big brother’s baby  girl who got all she wanted but daddy  said no to all of that…?”

I stared down at my hands on my lap, not knowing what to say. I mean, can I really talk about him now?

“Dudette?”

“I-“

“You don’t have to tell me anything, I mean, I just want to know…” he says carefully, “In your stories you seemed to be more stronger than you are now, and this is what’s holding you down, isn’t it?”

“No.” I finally said.

“No?”

“No…” I repeated, almost a whisper. “It isn’t holding me down. I just…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-refuse to accept.

After my father died all that was left for me in the house of Knight was Xander and my music.

But because Xander had taken over for my dad, while he was in college, I barely saw him.

My dad was diagnosed of cancer, he didn’t dare elaborate to me where and what, all he said was it impossible to treat, even with all the money and technology.

He was the epitome of money can’t buy everything at that point.

I was a wreck, I didn’t know how to handle it, how I’ll be handling after it came to an end which was death.

I watch him slowly deteriorate into the weak man that he became.

But what pulled me out of my misery every single day was the hope and love in his eyes.