Many Isn't Always Merry

I am so sorry for the long wait.. i'll just shit up now so you can enjoy! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Justice… is a kind of compact not to harm or be harmed.” -Epicurus

RECAP- Liam’s POV

“What’s funny?” I asked.

“You just made me realize that I only have two friends.” She paused. “Well, two who I can actually trust.”

I frowned thinking if i can say the same.

“I think…” I hear her add, almost doubtful but not quite.

I chuckled in her uncertainty, from the short time we’ve been in each other’s company i understood that she is far from doubtful of what she has, it was like she knew everything about herself, and is clear where all those things and people were placed.

“Better to have a few than to have a lot.” I said, thoughtful. “You have a lot of friends, I can tell that, its just that you count those who are very close to you as your family, not many can top that.”

"Well no one can top what they did for me..." she says evocatively. Then she sighed, “Well, what about you? What is it with the better to have a few than to have a lot speech?”

I thought about it for a quick second, careful. Unlike her I was very doubtful of almost about everything in my life.

“When you’re surrounded by a lot of supposed friends,” I start, thinking of my so- called- friends, “you’ll never know who are genuine or just waiting to stab you in the back.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“...you’ll never know who are genuine or just waiting to stab you in the back.”

“Care to elaborate on that?” she mocked.

I grinned, “I wasn’t one for stereotyping. I was popular because my step brothers were. You wouldn’t believe how people can suck up to you so they can be acknowledged by someone who probably don’t even know they exist.”

She stifled a laugh, “Oh believe me, I do…”

“I thought you weren’t into popular.”

“Living beside my brother, I’m surprised we aren’t siblings.” She says, “So, continue…”

“Well, I guess though I wasn’t into it, I was pretty much glad to have their attention…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back then, being me meant I can be alone. Its either I have my boys, or surrounded by girls. That’s how the high school status works. But like I said, I was never one for the limelight, I’d prefer to be at the back… way back.

“Hey Liam.” I turned and saw my best friend Philip walking toward me with our other friends.

“Hey buddy,” I looked him over and chuckled, “busy already I see.”

He grinned and ran his hand through his fresh-from-a-make-out do popped his collar up, “A dude has to do what a dude has to do.”

I closed my locker shut and swung my bag over my shoulder, “At 745 in the morning?” I gave the other boys a nod and exchanged high fives with them as I start to walk to class and Phil walks beside me.