I'm Movin' On

There is a point at which even Justice does injury. -Sophocles 

Liam’s POV

“So, let’s not assume all guys are two timers.” I said. “Some are actually pretty much trust worthy.”

Pretty much, huh?” she chuckles, “I guess that’s better than nothing.”

I laughed along with her, “Unfortunately, that’s the best I can offer.”

“Even if it’s you?”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Are you going to offer this girl you say that you’ve loved for years just a pretty much best relationship you can offer or give her the best you can offer?”

I paused to think, “Well, that would depend on what is the best for her…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“…wouldn’t it?”

“I don’t think so…” she said, “As much as there is an equal right for the man and a woman to choose who they’ll be seeing, I think both should know what the other’s limit is.” She pointed out, “You know, so each knows what to expect from the other one.”

“Well, that is true.” I said, “But the thing is, you learn to grow in the relationship, and sooner or later you start giving more than you can, and then she starts to expect that from you… how will you tell her then that it can’t be always like that?”

“By saying just that.” she says, “I mean, I know it is hard, probably a bust at your manly ego…” she says almost exaggerating, making me laugh along with the audience, “but really, think of the long run. Think of a time that she will demand you of such a great moment, and you won’t be able to deliver cause all you can give is so much.”

“You do have a point there.” I nodded, thinking about it.

“Wished you did that before?” she teased.

“Correction,” I said, “I did that before.”

“And it didn’t work?” she asked, disappointed.

“It did…” I said, “Only for some time.”

“Oh…” she said.

“I still think you are right though.” I said. “There should be limits, both should know each other’s limits… at the same time-“

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We should know our limit.

A month after I found out about Em and Phil, it got me thinking a lot.

Like, what did I do wrong?

Where did I lack?

Wasn’t I enough?

Does she still love me?

Bottom line, I thought I was the one with the problem.

Actually, for Emily I am the problem.

“You can’t just keep staying away from your real friends Liam.”

True friend?! Hah! I wanted to tell her. True friends don’t sleep with each other’s girlfriend- unless you are all polygamous.