Guts...

“The more laws, the less Justice…” – Marcu Tallius Cicero

“That wasn’t your ending dudette, believe me.” I said, “We may lose trust on people, but there’s that one person who will always be worth the risk. And it’s all up to you if you are willing to take that leap.”

“Thank you.” she whispered, and I had a feeling that she was smiling behind that blue curtain, which made me feel good.

“You are very much welcome.” I teased, “Man, you are such a girl.”

She gave a hearty laugh, “The last time I checked, I am. Which I’m thinking is a good thing for you as this is a dating game.”

I smirked, “I guess you are right.”

“You know I am.” I watch her fidget on her seat and sat up- straightening her back. “I’m smart, you said so yourself.”

“So I did.” I ran my eyes up and down her legs, it was true, she had beautiful long legs, long legs that are restless and kicking again as we fall into another comfortable silence.

Until Amanda butted in.

“So, how about you Stranger? Care to share your secret identity?

“My secret identity?” I asked, “Now?”

“No, I mean, who were you in high school.” Amanda pointed out, “That was what you asked her, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah…”

“You were on the varsity, but you ran away from the it crowd, so where did you put yourself?” I hear dudette ask.

“Well…” I sat back as I try to remember my high school days, “I guess I tried my best to be a-“

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Outcast.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*cut.short(rofl!)~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 “Sorry, an outcast?” Dudette quickly cut in. “how can a jock be an outcast?”

 I chuckled, “Well, if you’d let me start my story, then maybe you’ll find out.”

 She stifled a laugh, “Sorry, just wished that my brother tried to be a nerd. Anyway, on with your story.”

 “Thank you.” I grinned, “Now, where was I? oh, yeah, I was a-

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take.2.of.flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Outcast.

 I guess it’s safe to continue.

So as dudette have so lovingly put it, I ran away from the popular crowd. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to be with them- well, yeah, that was the main reason. But there are other things.

I didn’t like attention.

Attention meant you’d be easier target of anything, so I stirred away, even if it was something good.

Better safe than sorry, right?

Wrong.

If you decide to date one of the coolest and hottest girls in school, then the people around you are tend to notice.