A Little Bit Stronger

Compassion is no substitute for Justice. -Rush Limbaugh

Justice’s POV

“So this girl…” I ask. “Is she the one you’re in love with?”

It took a while for him to answer, that I wondered if he even heard me ask the question. So I was about to ask him again when he cut me short.

“She could be…” he said.

Hm, cryptic. I thought, definitely the one.

Of course being who I am, I needed to be all knowing and annoying enough for him to admit it.

Though, I knew by now that I needed to be careful with him. Cause he was good, he can take my words and make me eat it and spit it out again.

Worse was if he makes me eat it again.

“What do you mean?” I asked; acting annoyed. “Are you in love with several girls?”

“No.” he says, “It’s just, I know what she’s been through and I don’t want to cause her any pain.”

Definitely the girl he’s in love with it. I grinned and shook my head, amused.

“I think that that’s inevitable.” I say, “Anyone who is important to you can cause you pain…” I frown as I thought of an example, and there was no best one than- “I mean just look at my mom. She’s supposed to take care of me and all that jazz being a mom, but never did I have that opportunity with her.”

“And would you have wanted to?”

“Of course I would.” I admitted, “What kind of daughter wouldn’t want that? I mean, even Barbie has a mom she lied to…” I stared at my feelt this time, in wonder, “Why can’t I have that?”

“Cause you can’t have everything?” he answers, but ends up like a question as well.

“So is what I’m asking for so impossible now that I should just leave it to dreaming?” I ask back.

“Well, what do you think?”

This was exactly what I was afraid of.

Eating my words, spitting it out, and eating it again; I can’t even blame this one on him.

I thought about what we spoke of earlier, about Dan not being the reason I was scared to love.

I think he is right.

Dan isn’t the reason.

“I think she’s the reason I’m scared to love. I think she’s the reason I can’t trust… I think she’s the reason that I dream more than I should.” I thought aloud, “But that’s not even the worse part of it…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

… not even near.

I mean, she missed my birthday.

Left me to the maids and the butler.

Neglected me growing up.

Continuously belittled me.

Made me believe I was unimportant.                                                         

And had left me to be mothered by Henry’s mom.

Who the hell does that?!?

Ok, don’t answer that, as I’m probably not the only girl who was raised by people other than their mom.