21: Renzo- All Fall Down

revelations of past decisions

****

MILA LED ME to the back of the garden where she said she came from and stopped in front of a gazebo. She looked around before letting out a sigh of relief.

"She's not here, good." She takes my hand again and drags us under the gazebo, sitting on the bench.

"We can't exactly leave since there's staff," she leans her head on my shoulder. "Sorry about that. It's just that they'll likely tell her we left and send people after us."

"It's fine," I put my hand on top of hers. "Think of this way... At least they won't accuse me of kidnapping you."

"Shut up," Mila hits my arm. She has a glint in her eye which only seems brighter underneath the moonlight. I can't help but stare at her. She notices this and looks down at the ground, a slight blush covering her cheeks.

"It's already midnight," she mumbles moments later, looking at her phone. "People should be leaving already, let's head back."

I stand to get up and from the distance, I see the crowd of people that stood on the patio started to dissipate. From where we were standing, the gazebo stood in the middle of a rose garden with steep steps. Cracked at the edges from weathering, the gazebo seemed like the perfect choice to place in the ethereal setting. Its hood only covered the moon, so I could see very far out.

"Wow," I marvel at the view, watching how the people looked like specs towards the light. "Mila, you have one hell of a mansion."

"I wouldn't call it a mansion," Mila crosses her arms the minute a cool breeze passes by us. "It's just a house."

"Not home?" I ask teasingly.

"No," she looks somber. "This place can never be home."

Her eyes glaze over before they finally meet mine.

"Let's go to the beach tomorrow, Enzo." She starts walking down the steps. I follow after her and see that everyone is gone. Mila's mother notices us as we walk in through the patio door, but decides to not say anything to us. We go upstairs and I walk Mila to her room. Standing outside her door, I smile at her.

"This night was eventful," I muse.

"I don't think I'll forget this day for a long time." She answers. "Thank you for being here with me. I don't know what I would've done if you weren't here."

"I'll always be wherever you need me," I lean down and brush my lips against hers. "Goodnight Mila."

"Goodnight Enzo," Mila's voice was breathy. She goes inside her room and as I walk into mine, I place my hand on my chest to calm my rapid-beating heart.

----

It was around mid-afternoon when Mila came into my room to wake me up.

"Babe," she shook me awake. "Enzo, wake up, c'mon let's go to the beach since it's our last day."