Chapter One - The Selection

I awoke with a start, a bright and cheery smile filling my face. Today was the day we would get our forms to enter the selection! This years prince was Prince Aaron. He was tall, but not too tall like my dad and had a caramel shade of hair. His eyes were an icy, sharp blue. The kind you couldn't get lost in because they would just wake you up and make you very alert.
Aaron was the son of King Maxon and Queen America Schreave. My father Aspen Leger, actually used to know the royal family very well and my mother Lucy Leger, was a maid for Queen America during her selection. It gave me a rare advantage of getting into the selection because of my family ties but I was hoping it wouldn't be awkward if I in fact did get chosen because of my family ties.
I ran out my room with my brown, curly hair bouncing behind me. My eyes were a chocolatey color that you could get lost in easily, or at least that what's my dad says.
"Mom! Dad!" I yelled trying not to explode. "Did it come? Is the form here?" I was old enough! I was seventeen so it should be here! My smile grew wider as my mom softly spoke.
"Yes dear, it did come but you must eat your breakfast before filling it out." I rolled my eyes and sat at the table, all the while my parents were laughing at my extreme hyperness. I scarfed down my breakfast VERY unlike a lady, let alone one of the selected. They always seems so gentle and lady-like! Well besides Queen America when she was in the selection, or so I've heard.
"Ambree! If you want to win the selection you must be a lady! We'll have your mother give you lessons after you fill out your form and get your picture taken." My dad said. I nodded my head and ran over to my mom who was holding the envelope that help the path to the rest of my life! I snatched the paper out of her hand and rushed back to the table to fill it out.
       For name I obviously put my name: Ambree Leger.  Under age I put 17.  My height was 5'6 while Prince Aaron's was 5'9.  For caste I put down two because my dad used to be a guard at the palace.  Hey, just because I was a two doesn't mean I couldn't hold my own!  For special talents I put down acting, modeling, and singing.  I was tempted to add that I wasn't shallow unlike Celeste who was a two from King Maxon's selection but I knew they wanted nice-ish girls that didn't hate on others and girls that acted like lady's.
       "Done!"  I said with excitement as I rushed back into my room and threw on a cute, summery, floral dress.  I had mastered the art of managing my hair so I put it into a French-braided top knot and put in a cute white flower.  I coated some pink liogloss on and a bit of eyeliner and mascara but not to much to make me look like a clown.  I put on some light pink converse shoes and strutted out of my room.  Both my mother and father smiled upon seeing me but I simply grabbed my form and gestured for my parents to come so I could turn in my form.
       "Let's just have your father go with you, I have to clean."  My mother said in her sweet tone as usual.  I smiled and grabbed my dads arm as I dragged him out of the door to the crowds waiting to get their pictures fro their forms.  Everyone stared at my father and I because everyone knew who we were.  Aspen Leger, the former palace guard and Ambree Leger, the singer, model, and actress.  All the people surprisingly let us go to the front of the line.
       My dad was going to say something but I shrugged and walked up to the camera man.  He took my pictures, which turned out great by the way, and we were off!  Now only nine days until they drew or more like chose the girls that got to be in the selection and compete for Prince Aaron's love!  I knew if I wasn't one they would've made a huge mistake, or at least that's what my dad says.  He says a lot of things though.