Chapter Thirteen - The Scoreboard

I woke up in my room.  My maids all scurried around, trying to make my room even cleaner than before if that was even possible.  I stood up and Kelsey turned to me.  Happiness quickly covered her face.
       "Lady Ambree!"  She exclaimed and my other maids turned to face me.  I smiled, glad to be healthy again.  "We've received a special request that you be sent to Silvia.  You missed quite a few days while you were under so she would like to fill you in."  Kelsey continued.  I nodded my head and walked to my closet.
       I decided on a royal purple dress, the skirt like the other day dresses I owned.  It hadn't taken me long to realize I had my own signature skirt style just like all the other girls.  The bodice of my dress was fitted, as always and had lace covering it.  The sleeves were short and nice, also covered in lace.  I chose silver heels and diamond jewelry to go along with my fancy hair. 
       It was in a French-twist with a metal flower clip in the center.  My lips were a deep red color and for my eye make-up I went for more of a dark feeling.  When I was done I walked out of my room and to the Women's Room where I found Silvia.  She walked hurriedly up to me.
       "There you are dear!"  She said almost too cheerily.  "Let's go."  She continued, grabbing my arm and pulling me after her.  She lead me to a room with two chairs right in the center.  "Sit, sit!  Don't be scared, I don't bite!"  Silvia beamed.  Did this woman ever frown?  She seemed to happy for her own good!  "As you know, you missed quite a bit in your days that you were under."  Silvia said.
       "I'm aware, yes."  I said calmly.
       "Good.  I also hope you're aware that all 20 of the girls remaining have had several more days than you to win over Illéa's heart."  She said in a serious tone.
       "I am, but 20 girls?  Weren't there just 25?"  I asked worriedly.
       "Yes but a few....not everyone was as fortunate as you and Caspan when they fell under."  She said, clearly not wanting to go any further in depth on my question.
       "Oh.  I didn't know."  I said.  At least Caspan was okay.
       "Moving on.  You might not remember but your missed the first report.  That was the day after you fell under.  You have two days to prepare now and let's just say you aren't very high on the scoreboard."  Silvia informed me.
       "The scoreboard?"  I asked.
       "Yes dear.  Every girl has people rooting for them and so do you.  However, you don't have as many people pulling for you, judging by a recent poll.  You need to watch what you say and how you act."  She said sternly.
       "Why are you telling me this?"  I asked her, still confused.
       "I have faith in you Ambree.  Don't make me rethink this conversation."  Silvia said in a low voice.  I was about to say something else when she stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me stranded.  I really should've payed more attention while she brought me here because I was completely lost.  Nonetheless, I stood and attempted making my way back to the Women's Room. 
       To my surprise, I made it back with ease.  Prince Aaron was pacing by his mother's throne.  His hair was Ruffles and his expression had the word 'worry' written all over it.  He glanced up and his eyes landed on me.  His expression softened and he stopped pacing. 
       I had to resist the urge to laugh.  He was worried about me!  Out of everything going on he was still thinking of me!  He reached up quickly and tapped his nose.  I did the same.  He smiled and sat next to his mother.  She looked relieved to see him calm again.  I looked at her and she made eye contact.  Her face read 'I told you so'.  I laughed a little and turned away.
       I spotted Caspan sitting in her usual chair and almost broke a heel while sprinting to her.  She saw me almost immediately and embraced me. 
       "I thought you were dead!"  She said, clearly holding back tears.  I laughed, also holding in my tears.  Nothing else needed to be said.  We were back together.  We were the only survivors of royal fever.  We were lucky.