Chapter Four - The Sight

The crowds at the airport were immense. When I stepped out of my car I heard multiple people shouting my name. I even saw a few signs with my name on them! It was a fairytale dream come true. I smiled and waved, trying to control myself but broke loose and began to talk with my fans. I signed multiple things (even someone's forehead which was weird but I don't judge). It felt like a dream to walk around in a crowd of people that wanted and expected me to win Prince Aaron's heart. Sure, it was a big responsibility but I would try as hard as I could to give them something to believe in. Give them me.
~*~*~*~*~*~
The airplane ride was fun but the girls? They weren't so fun.  I was stuck with Cherry Pattersome, a three from Sonage.  I could already tell she was a brat by her snobbish face and obsessive hair twirling.  On slight occasion she would stop twirling to give me a snort of disapproval.  Then there was Haegan Newsome, another two but from Belcourt and also the cousin of Celeste from Queen America and King Maxon's selection.  She acted just like Celeste.
       There was one girl however, who was nice.  Her name was Caspan Erics and she was a four from Lakedon.  She was bright and bubbly but still yet lady-like.  Her smile could enhance someone's day immediately and light up a room upon arrival.  Her feverish red hair gave me nervous feeling.  Hadn't a red head won before?  What if Aaron prefers red hair?  So many questions raced through my mind but I knew I couldn't and wouldn't let them bother me.
       The plane ride was silent until we arrived at the Angeles airport where you could just barely see the palace, the home of the royal family and of course, Prince Aaron.  We were rushed to a group of guards that lead us to the palace.  It was more beautiful than I'd ever expected it to be.  Even after seeing the pictures I would have never known it would look this amazing.
       The guards escorted us inside the palace where we would be getting our make-overs.  The girls that did my hair and make-up washed off all of my previous make-up and un-did my previous hair style. 
       They fixed my lip color to a deep red and did my eyes with lots of mascara and eyeliner with a light touch of cream colored accents on my eyelids.  My blush was a rosy pink and the color coordinated with my nails.  My hair was re-done with it now down and it in its natural, curly state.  Imagine the looks on the girls faces when they realized they didn't get to curl my hair!  True despair!  Instead they just put a diamond necklace that layer perfectly on my neck, along with earrings and a bracelet made of also diamond.
       When my hair, make-up, and nails were done the girls sent me over to where I would get my dresses.  The dress they put me in was pure black and laced at the collar, up to my mid neck, and down over the bodice.  The skirt however was short and folded; more like waved in and out with accents of jewels along it.  The bodice also had a few jewels sewed into it.  Overall the dress was breathtaking.
       I collected the rest of my day dresses and headed to the interview area.  I looked into a mirror next to me to see if I was presentable but I was beyond that.  I was stunning.  Just as I was adjusting my necklace I was dragged away by a lady who brought me to a red couch, the color of my lipstick. 
       An interview walked up to me and asked me questions but I answered unconsciously.  Everything was a blur of movement and beauty, and here I was sitting on the couch like an idiot not even knowing what I was saying.  Once the interviewer was done I stood up politely and walked over to the other finished girls waiting by Silvia. 
       Once all the girls were done we traveled into the halls of the palace and up to our rooms.  When I saw my room I immediately knew who had used it before.  I had Queen America's old room!  Apparently the other girls knew that too because all their jaws dropped.  I simply smiled and waved goodbye to them as their jaws dropped ever further.  Now that was a truly lovely sight.