Chapter Three - The Seperation

I woke up in the morning feeling super giddy.  It was finally send off day!  Yes, I would miss my family but today was my first day in the palace.  I hoped it was all it seemed to be!  In an excited rush I literally jumped out of bed and dashed to my closet to grab the assigned 'selected girl' outfit.
       This year it was a simple white dress that was tight at the bodice and flared out in smooth fabric for the skirt which happened to go down to my mid-thigh.  The sleeves draped lightly on my shoulders and felt soft on my skin.  I did my usual French-braid top knot in my hair and my usual amount of make-up plus some blush and pink eyeshadow.  There were no shoes with the outfit so I put on a pair of black heels and put in black, studded earrings.  With that, I was out of my room.
                                              ~*~*~*~*~
       It was finally time for my send off and I was more excited than ever!  I paraded out of my house and onto the streets full of cheering friends, family, and supporters.  I smiled and waved politely before approaching Alexia and hugging her tightly.
       "I can't believe this is really happening Ambree!"  She said to me.
       "It still feels like a fantasy to me.  I'll miss you!"  I hugged her once more and walked to my family.  My mom was in tears but still smiling proudly.
       "I know you can do it honey!"  She said supportively while my dad simply nodded his head and smiled.  He patted my back and escorted me to the car I'd be taking to the airport.  I took one last look at the crowd chanting my name and steeped into the car. 
       The impact of what was about to occur hit me with a blow.  I wouldn't see my family until I was sent home which could be awhile or not long at all.  I would also be able to see them if I became one of the elite.  Either way I'd just been separated from my family.