Chapter Seven - The Shown

"Ladies, may I have you're attention?"
Prince Aaron rose again. Everyone started buzzing about who would be called and what it meant. Although the other girls thought it was good, Caspan, Emmy, and I had our own thoughts.
"Lady Harper of Zuni, Lady Hannah of Labrador, Lady Fionia of Bonita, Lady Zandra of Panama, Lady Rose of Yukon, Lady Charlee of Hansport, Lady Cassy of Honduraga, Lady Libby of Ottaro, Lady Stacy of Allens, Lady Livie of Angeles, and Lady Ambree of Clermont. Please see me immediately. Everyone else, you are dismissed to your rooms for the night." Prince Aaron stated.
I shuddered. He called my name. I was about to be eliminated! But how? Hadn't he just called me beautiful earlier? It didn't matter anymore I guess.
I approached him slowly, still in a state of shock.  Aaron gracefully walked down the stairs, took my hand, smiled his pure smile, and lead me up the stairs to the other girls.  He must have noticed my color drained face because he nodded at me reassuringly and told me to wait there.  Him and the rest of the girls walked to a different room.
       King and Queen Schreave approached my suddenly and it felt like I was in a dream.  I stood straighter, smiled brighter, acted kinder, and actually willed myself to look prettier just because of their presence.  I wondered if I was over doing it but Queen America seemed to appreciate it.  I curtsied deeply and rose again.
       "Pleased to make your acquaintances your magesties."  I said in my best lady-like voice which made Queen America smile.
       "Please."  She said loosely but still properly.  "You may as well call me mother!  Aaron sure does seem to like you!"  I blushed fiercely at her statement and  covered my face with my hands.
       "How are your father and mother doing Lady Ambree?"  The Queen asked me. 
       "They're doing wonderful, thank you for asking!"  Queen America looked at King Maxon as if to tell him 'I told you so' but about what was the question.
       "I'll let Aaron take you from here.  It was very nice to speak with you dear!"  America said to me sweetly.  I nodded, once again in awe from actually having a conversation with the royal parents of Prince Aaron!  It was so exciting yet overwhelming to be one among the 35 selected girls that I was sure had just went down to 25 selected girls. 
       Judging by Aaron coming back alone, I was guessing that I was right and he'd sent the girls home from earlier.  He approached me, smiling and took my arm in his.  We walked around the palace and eventually navigated our way out to the garden and sat down on the bench - no, our bench that was in the garden.
       "What happened to those girls?"  I asked him innocently.  He sighed.
       "They we're the first group to be shown."  He replied.  I must've been noticeably confused because he continued.  "Shown?  As in shown to the door?  Are you getting this?"  He asked and explained.  I shook my head, still confused.  "They kicked to boot?"  He said, still trying to make sense of his words.  Shook my head again.  "Do you know no synonyms?"  He asked.  I rolled my eyes.  "Ok here I'll make this simple for you.  They.  Were.  Elim.  Inated."  He said slowly.
       "Then why'd you call me?"  I asked, still yet confused on the subject of the matter.  He sighed a sarcastic sign and spoke once more.
       "I wanted to spend time with you."  He mumbled quickly.
       "What was that?"  I asked VERY innocently.  He rolled his eyes.
       "I.  Wanted.  To.  Spend.  Time.  With.  You."  He said louder and I grinned.
      "I know!  I just wanted to hear it for, you!"  He rolled his eyes again and made an 'ugh' noise.
       "I should've shown you too!"  He said jokingly.
       "I know you could never do that."  I said.  Surely he wouldn't!  At least not yet.
       "Not yet, I won't."  He replied cold and distant.  He must've been thinking about something serious.
       I was shocked by his words 'not yet'.  Was he really sending me home soon?  Had he already decided I wasn't worthy?  Who knows?  Maybe I'd be the next to be shown.