Chapter Two - The Selected

Nine days later

       "Mom, dad!  It's on!"  The report was on and Gaviril Fadaye was about to announce the girls chosen for the selection!  Both of my parents rushed over and sat down next to me on our luxury couch.  I was buzzing with excitement and tightly clenched my moms hand with my right hand and my dad's with the other.
       "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to a very exciting night for 35 young girls!  I'll let the royal family have a word first and then the real fun begins!"  Gavril gushed.  I grinned like a child and started bouncing up and down.
       "Now, now sweetheart.  Settle down!"  My mother commanded but in a loose manner.  Though she tried to settle me down, it was no use.  I could hardly wait to hear who the selected girls were!  The moment was so close yet so far!  King Maxon had just sat down and that meant Gavril was about to announce the selected girls.  I could hardly contain myself!
       "Alright!  This is the moment we've all been waiting for!  Let's begin."  Gavril said, building up suspense.  "Mallory Parker of Carolina, Stacey Jordan of Allens, Lainey Dunes of Baffin, Rose of Yukon, Chelsea of Midson."  All but one of the girls names had been called and I was beginning to doubt my luck.
But this one, last girl was my final hope.  My last resort.  It had to be me.
       "And last but not least..... Ambree Leger of Clermont!"  I watched the screen in shock as Prince Aaron's face lit up at the sight of me then I lost it and screamed.  I leapt off the couch and jumped up and down, bringing my parents up with me. 
       "Oh my gosh I made it!"  I yelped.  I was actually going to be a part of the selection!  Words could not express my feelings!  My mom grinned and turned to my father who was also smiling.  I ran into my dads strong arms and my mom came over to embrace both of us. 
       My best friend Alexia ran into my house without even knocking.  She grabbed my hands and started squealing and jumping with me.  We ran into my room, still squealing in excitement and started talking about what it would mean if I won! 
       "Ambree you could be the princess!  You could be the next queen!"  She squealed in realization.  I grinned like an idiot and nodded my head rapidly.  I couldn't believe this was really happening!  My life was about to change drastically!  But what would the prince and the girls be like?  Only one way to find out.