Chapter Six - The Statement

I left Caspan's room, smiling. I had, had fun today so far but it was time to be serious. It was nearly time for dinner and I had to get ready. I headed to my room and my maids gasped.
"Oh my! Miss, you're terribly late!" Zoie exclaimed. "How in Illéa are we supposed to get you ready in time?" She complained. Abby shook her head and walked to my closet.
"Zoie, you're scaring her! We still have plenty of time. Now please come here Lady Ambree." Abby said sweetly. I walked to her as she took out a gorgeous gown that was made just for me.
"Oh..!" I said, my breath taken away from the beauty of the gown. Abby nodded her head and handed the dress to me.
"Feel free to dress yourself." She said, gesturing to the bathroom. I smiled and walked in.
~*~*~*~*~
The dress was so elegant and made me look and feel graceful. It was a light, pleasant shade of yellow. The bodice fitted tightly and was laced with beads in various designs. The sleeves were a loose tank-top style and were dotted with beads like the bodice. The skirt flowed down like a waterfall and draped on the ground gently. The whole dress just made me feel pleasant.
My hair was done up with a million pins in it and was very curly in places where it was down. My make-up was simple and sweet with strawberry pink lipgloss and a little bit of mascara. I was simply devine.
I walked down to dinner swiftly, not stumbling on my white heels unlike some of the girls here. My seat was next to Caspan and another girl named Emmy Chance of Tammins. She was a four and a very humble one too. Her caramel colored hair cascaded down her back gently and her gown was a soft pink color that oddly matched Caspan and I's yellow and royal purple dresses. We made small talk as we waited for the royal family to enter.
When the royal family along with Prince Aaron entered the Rome there were gasps all around from adoring girls. Aaron politely smiled and waved to the girls and winked directly at me. Caspan looked at me and giggled. We smiled feverishly and watched as the maids came in to serve us.
The food was amazing and so was the company. It was nice to not have Haegan sitting by us.  I could live without her in the selection.  Once dinner was over Prince Aaron stood and addressed us all.
       "Hello ladies."  All the girls sighed at his voice.  "I would like to speak with a few of you tonight.  I'll just read of the names in a moment but first I'll let you all have your dessert."  He sat back down and all the girls squealed, hoping they would be called but I wasn't so sure being called was a good thing.