Artist // CTH

Credit to sleepy-hood

A mysterious boy sits at the end of the bar, you've noticed that he's been coming to the bar almost everyday. You walk up to him "hey can I help you?"

He puts the sketch book in his bag.

"Uh um sure I'll have beer". "

So you go to nyu too?" You ask, giving him the drink. He looks down at the badge on his shirt displaying the university's name.

"Oh yeah, I'm an an art major you?" He replies hesitantly. "Drama. Kinda my thing" you reply cheerfully.

"Can I see your sketch book? If you don't mind" you ask, trying to make conversation.

"Don't you have drinks to make" he asks. It comes across rude even though he didn't mean it like that.

"James can do it, who drinks at 1pm anyways, plus you seem interesting". Little did you know the only reason he didn't want her to see the sketch book was because there was a sketch of her.

He clutches his bag tight, feeling the book through the bag. He opens up the bag and quickly rips out the sketch of her, folding it and sticking it back in the bag.

"It's empty? I always see you drawing in it" you were slightly disappointed. He looks down and while he's distracted, you reach over the counter and grabs his bag, pulling the folded sketch out.

"I'm not creepy I swear I-I just thought you were a good subject" he stumbles on his words. You smile, flattered at the sketch.

"is my nose really that pointy?" The boys face gets bright red and you laugh.

"I'm joking! I'm joking!" You smile. "So I know you like beer and like to draw me but I don't know your name"

"Calum, Calum Hood" he replies whilst sticking his hand out to shake it.

"Well Calum Hood I'm very happy that I was a good subject for you" you smile, looking into his eyes.

"It's not that hard when you have a naturally beautiful subject" he compliments, making your cheeks go red, as you sit down on the stool beside him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calum now comes to the bar almost 4 times a week, or at least the days he doesn't have class. He claims that the bar gives him inspiration, but you tease him saying that he only comes for you.

You watch him finish off the drawing of the elderly couple. Suddenly he gets up and starts walking towards them.

"Uh hi I hope you guys don't mind but I began to draw you guys, I know it sounds weird but I could see the love in both of your eyes and I needed to capture it" he explained while scratching the back of his neck.

The elderly couple just smiled looking at the drawing. "You're really good" the elderly woman says smiling at him. "I have a question for you, are you ever going to ask her out" the elder man said, smiling to him. "I was an art student here and I used to draw this lovely lady everyday, and finally after a lot of courage I asked her out on a date" the man referred to his wife.

You look up to Calum noticing his cheeks turning red, matching yours. You walk up to the couple asking them if they wanted anything else. You turn you back and start walking back to the bar.

"so um how were y-you able to figure out that I liked y/n" you faintly hear Calum ask. Your heart suddenly starts beating faster, your cheeks turning red again.

"you had the same look in your eyes that he did whenever he talked to me" you hear the Lady say refer to his husband.