HISTORY (PART II)

HISTORY (PART – 2)

MIA COLLINS

James was the first guy I'd always looked upon. I'd already made friends with Adam. But at that time he wasn't a guy who used to fool around like he is doing now. It was one day when Adam, I and Emma were talking. Usually was Emma and I who always used to sit together for lunch in the cafeteria. But that day Adam had ditched his gang and sat with us. When Adam's around, there are no serious conversations. He's always an adventurous person unlike me who's an introvert. Well, that doesn't mean Adam is an extrovert or a braggart or anything like that.

It was only on that day I knew that James and Adam were good friends. 

"Hey, Muscular man! What's up?" James mocked Adam. 

I knew why he was called 'Muscular man'.  This made me chuckle.

This made James turn to me and he acknowledged my presence. 

"Hey, Mia!" he said and I greeted him as well. 

"You know something? You're name is so short, cute and I love it!" 

He said in a flirty manner and I blushed. 

"Thank you" I replied. 

"You can sit here, James....." Emma pointed out an empty chair beside me. 

Oh my God! So he's going to sit beside me? 'Thank Emma!' my inner-self said but I ignored her.

"Thanks! But let me fetch my tray. And Mia, you don't have a tray with you." James said with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"She was late for lunch.... She said she'll eat afterwards. So, I think you should eat now." Emma informed James and then she stared at me chewing her burger. 

"C'mon let's get go and get something before everything get's over." James ordered in a pleasant manner and I stood up hesitantly from my chair.

 "Sure" I whispered to myself.

You're gonna walk with him!

"So, why were you late for lunch?" he asked. 

"Umm.... Actually, Tina had a problem with a certain numerical so she wanted my help." I said him and the entire time I was so cautious about the way I spoke and how my voice came out. I didn't want to sound shy or hesitant. 

"Hmmm..." he said looking at his group of friends seated in the far corner. 

"Mia, come with me for a minute." He again ordered and I followed him. '

What? He's taking you to his friends?!' My psyche exclaimed and I became nervous. 

James has a big gang of 10 boys and I know none of them. I don't want to go to them but anyways I can't say this to James. It'll probably not sound nice. We finally reached the place where his frieds were seated.

"Hey, Gem! You're late! And, a new guest?" a guy with tanned skin with curly hairs asked looking at my face as he completed his sentence. 

Gem? Isn't his name James? I asked myself and I got to know that his friends called him that way. 

Anyways, 'Gem' is cute! 

"Hey, I was caught talking in the class and Mrs. Burns screwed me after the class ended..... Duh! Chuck it! Now, she's Mia. I don't have to introduce her to you all, should I?" he asked and I look puzzled. 

How come everyone knows me? I ask myself. 

"You're a genius Mia!" another guy says and I immediately know why. 

It's because I get all 'A' grades and I'm a teacher's pet. 

To be a teacher's pet, you have to be a real genius, don't you? 

"Umm.... I'm not a genius..." I said in a low voice hesitantly and James saved me before the tanned guy spoke. 

"Guys, we're hungry. We'll go get some food. And I'm sitting with her today. Bye!" he said and soon started walking away before any of his friends replied. 

  He said he'll sit with you! 

My psyche again played a flirty game on my head but I tried to ignore all such things. I followed him and fetched a tray of food and got back to our places. Emma and I usually sit by the window every day.

I placed the tray on the table and sat when James sat right beside me. 

Wow! He's sitting with you. 

My psyche continued saying such things and I tried to hide such feelings. I tried to stay as calm as I could and listened to James and Adam speak. I was so engulfed in observing how James shook his legs while eating and how charmingly he giggled when Emma cracked a joke. I sat there very quietly and listened to them argue about random things like 'Who's better in the football game?' and how Mrs. Burns screwed James. It was very interesting unlike the things that Emma and I used to talk.

The entire time, James looked adorable to my eyes. When he laughed, his eyes shrunk and when he smiled, his teeth glowed. When he shook his long legs under the table, they brushed against mine and a spark of electricity ran through to spine but I managed to conceal it and was glad that none of them noticed it. I knew that these were the symptoms of............