CHAPTER 14 - FRIEND = MOM!

CHAPTER 14

FRIEND = MOM!

MIA COLLINS

Oh no! Mom is here so I just couldn't help but hang up the call with Adam. I wonder if she has already heard me telling that I bunked the classes to watch a movie with James. She smiles at me in a different manner and I can't help but look confused.

"Mia!" she exclaims and I jump for a second.

"Mom, what?" I ask her dazzled by her reaction.

"Did I just hear that you bunked a class to watch a movie with that kid?" she asks me still in a surprised manner and I can't lie to her. I nod my head worrying if she'll be mad at me.

"I love you, darling." She runs to me and hugs me hard until I can breathe no more.

"Mom?" I ask her puzzled. I thought she would be mad at me but her reaction rather surprised me in a pleasing manner.

"I always worried about you, dear. I wanted you to mingle with the others; fight, talk, laugh and hangout with your mates but you never did that. But today, you've pleased me." She says and I gape at her.

"So, you don't mind me ditching classes?" I ask her.

"I'll never mind unless you're safe." She answers and I blanch at her in surprise.

"So you found a boyfriend?" she asks me in a teasing manner. I immediately think my mom has taken the place of Emma. I blush.

"Mom?" I ask her trying to hide my face with my hairs.

"That guy with whom you watched a movie? Is he your boyfriend?" she asks me and that makes me blush even more.

"Mom! No! He.. he's just a close friend. I.. I went with him because he said he would feel better and that his head aches would less burden him." I stammer.

"Headaches?" my mom asks worried. I nod at her.

"Mom, it's the guy who met with an accident that day. You remember I took him to dad?" I ask her with a sad face.

"Oh, yeah! So, what's his name? Umm.." she wonders what his name was and I immediately give her the answer.

"So, James gets occasional headaches. Yeah, it takes a while for him to recover completely from his pain." She tells me and that saddens me even more.

"You think he has taken you to the movie theatre just to lessen the burden of his pain?" she asks me suspiciously and I innocently nod my head at her. Yeah, that's after all the truth.

"No, darling. You need to grow up. He wanted to spend some quality time with you. Can't you decipher this?" she asks me and I flush scarlet.

"Mom, but he took me just because I was standing on the corridor and so was he. He could have taken me because I was the only one he could find jobless." I answer her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't think that was his intention." She says and I shake my head at her.

"Fine, do you like him?" she asks me and I immediately know what she's asking.

"Mom!" I exclaim at her but she holds me firm.

"Mia, tell me now! I can read you. You've never been like this before. I need you to confess your feelings, right now." She demands.

"Mom, well... yeah. I do like him but I'm scared. What if he doesn't like me that way and that if it damages our friendship?" I ask her worriedly.

"No, darling. You're wrong. You need to take your step if you know you have feelings for him. With all you've said, I can say that he's pretty attached to you. He won't disappoint you. I promise." She assures me like my best friend but I can't help but deny her.

"I'll help you if you want." She says holding my hand. I stare at her as if to ask, 'Mom, you're acting more like Emma. You're becoming a kid. And by the way, how will you help me' I raise an eyebrow at her and she laughs reading the question on my face.

She says me like a kid so excited as if she's going to propose dad for the second time. Well yeah, you read it right. Mom was the one who proposed dad. She was wise enough to find her soul mate for herself and their relationship is filled with so much love that they are my role models for my love life. I wonder if she's running a secret proposal agency apart from being a physician.

"Dr. Emily Collins, I'll definitely come begging for you when I have anything like proposal in mind. Okay?" I mock her. She smiles at me and I chuckle.

A/N: Did you like Mia's mom?

Vote, 

Comment 

and Share the story if you liked it! :) <3

xxxoxo,

- Sindhu