CHAPTER 23 - ANNOYANCE

CHAPTER  23

ANNOYANCE

MIA COLLINS

Next day

"Miaaa! How are you?" Emma shouts from the other side of the phone.

"I'm fine!!! How are you?" I ask her with a sleepy voice.

Man! It's only 5:30 in the morning.

"I'm fine too. I'm missing you already." She says.

"Aww. True. I miss you too." I say her.

"Why don't we have a sleepover at your place?" she asks and I sit straight up on my bed.

"Wow! That's great! I don't really know if my parents approve of that. I'll let you know later okay?"

"Sure! If they don't approve then we're hanging out in the evening maybe to a theatre?"

"Gosh Emma! Dump your fore-thoughts. Now just hope my parents approve us staying together tonight, okay?" I roll my eyes.

"Terrible, right? Okay." She says laughing.

"Now tell me what happened last night between you and James?!!!" she asks excited and I find myself blushing.

"Emma! I'm not even awake right now and you want me to lose my sleep?"

"Ohh babes I thought you were missing me." She acts offended.

"Aww baby I thought you cared about me but it seems like you want me to get those dark circles soon." I act offended too.

Then we laugh together.

"Good morning sleep." She says and hangs up the call.

Before I could close my eyes, I get a message.

From Emma:

You're gonna tell me everything about last night, okay? Pinky promise? :)

I just laugh before I text her.

To Emma:

Sure. Pinky promise babes! :-)

With this I sleep thinking about everything that happened last night.

>>->>->>->>->>->>

After 12 hours...

"Mia, I'd called Adam a lot of times but he doesn't seem to pick my calls." She says worried.

Adam the worst Monster.

"Mia, why don't you try calling him this time?" she suggests and I freeze in my position.

"Umm... I.. I need to visit the restroom now." I say and run to the restroom in my room.

Gosh!

I'm not going to call Adam even if it costs me my life.

Crazy shit. How long am I going to hide myself away from this crap? I need to find a way out.

I return back to the hall and find Emma reading a magazine.

"Welcome back. Looks like your stomach gave you some troubles because of last night's drinks!" she says and I roll my eyes at her.

Emma, you're being foolish.

"So, tell me is that true?" she asks pulling my hand and making me fall onto the couch.

"What?"

"That James kissed you last night? At the party?"

"What? How did it reach you? Did you see us together?" I ask her surprised.

"Oh my God, Mia! So it's true! I knew it because that's the trending issue in the campus. There's not a person that doesn't know. You kissed Mr. James Edwards, the most drool-worthy guy in school and how am I NOT supposed to know when there are people noticing his every move?" she says annoyed.

"What? Does everyone know?" I ask myself still confused.

I don't want people knowing my personal things. It's NOT something to be proud of.

"That's pretty obvious Mia!" she answers.

"Gosh! Mia, just listen. You're just like any other girl falling for his charms. He's the kind of guy that can hurt you any moment. Why don't you understand?" she asks me making me really mad.

"What? I'm not one of those sluts who want to have a one-night stand with him alright? You dare compare them with me. And James won't hurt. I don't get why you don't like him." I slam. I just don't understand why she's against my decision.

"Mia, look. James has never loved anyone in the past two years. He played with girls and dumped them."

"Emma, no! You're talking about what he was in the past two years. Do you know anything about his life before the two years? Do you know what he truly is after these two years?" I ask her angrily.

You can't judge a person just like that, can you?

And you can lose out on an argument about your crush.

"No! I don't know but he's not going to change. He's got the fame, the look, the body and everything a girl expects to sleep with but he's not got the heart that every girl wants to fall in love with." She says and those words pierced into my heart.

"Emma! You've not deciphered what his heart is like, did you? You can't say there's no life in his heart to not love a woman. It's unfair and... sick. You can't be this judgmental, okay?" I say her really annoyed at her behavior.

"And you can't be this foolish, Mia." She says and walks away.

"I wanted this night-over with you just to let you know of your mistake. It's not too late Mia, think about it. You can redeem those mistakes." I can hear her shout from the kitchen.

"No way, Emma. No way." I mumble and suppress a sob.

There's no way I made a mistake in selecting James to be my first crush.

My feelings can't betray me.

This really hurts.

A/N:

A lot of opposition from Emma's side isn't?

Umm it's pretty risky when your crush is the kind of guy who really is wanted by a girl a night.

And Emma is just protective about her friend.

But when you know your choice is wrong, your very first crush was a wrong decision, wouldn't that hurt?

But does Mia really think hers was a wrong decision?

Unlock the answers in the next chapters!

Continue reading,

Xoxo

- Sindhu