Welcome to DragonCrest.

In the technologically superior world of 2057 Earth, VR technology was no longer a dream. In fact, many household items featured this marvelous gadget, from televisions to dining rooms. They held business meetings in the virtual world, erasing the need to fly thousands of miles to another country at one's own inconvenience. So it should be no surprise that video games had been one step ahead of the virtual reality technology. Multiple gaming industries had popped up worldwide, capitalizing on the main source of capital for a nation, kids.

" Yeah, Sam, I just brought home the console, and I am about to start," I said excitedly.

" Yeah, well, I'm already in the game so hurry," Sam said impatiently.

" Okay, okay give me a minute," I said and hung up the phone.

Yes, finally I am going to play DragonCrest. I only hope that the ParaSITE works fine. "I" was Kaiser Griffin, your typical 5' 8" American-born Jamaican with the ever mysterious title of being King Malcolm III's descendant, yeah there's a lot of titles. Random piece of information, I realized, but that trip to Edinburgh Castle shaped me into the young adult I was today. Shaking my head to clear my rambling thoughts, I put on the helmet-like ParaSITE, the latest design of the VR gaming headset created by The Visionaries. The Visionaries were a corporation that built its fame on the backs of the VR gaming technologies that they had created. Justyna Grandeur found it and it was being run by her husband Isaac Munroe after her death. A surge of energy rushes through me, jolting me from my thoughts and after a flash of light, I materialized in a scintillatingly azure room.

Welcome player, please customize your character beginning with name then race, then avatar, said a distinctly robotic voice.

A virtual screen appears before me and I quickly type in my name and glanced upon the myriad of races displayed.

Races to choose from

Elf - Half-elf, High elf, Nature Elves, Dark Elves 

Dwarf- Blackbeard, Redbeard, Whitebeard, Orangebeard

Human- Arthurians, Ishrelii, Nivarthi, Erenki, Karachi

Dragonblood- High Drake, Necrofied, Xerxian

Orcs

Vampires- Daywalker, Nightwalker, Twilight Breed, Ravenous

Werewolves- Moon Howlers, Wereman, Man-wolf

UsernameXanathos

RaceKarachi

Good, now customize avatar. 

A holographic image of my avatar sprang up and startled me, but only for a breath. I sharpened my features a bit and made my hairstyle a ponytail. I added a trench coat over my attire, changed my hair color to silver and my eye color to blue. After I did this, I pressed the start button, and it teleported me into the game's world.

Welcome to DragonCrest.